Resume for Pharmacy Technician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

islandboy401

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am looking to work as a Pharmacy Technician this coming fall, however I am unsure of what to include in my resume. Usually, people include their previous working experience, but I have none.

The only place I've ever "worked" before is in a pharmacy school lab (durin g the Summer). I did do things like make solutions, label them, label eppendorf tubes, etc...but I dunno how much that would help getting a job as a tech.

What other things can I include in my resume???

Computer Skills (e.g., excel, word, powerpoint....anything else)?

College GPA???

Typing skills??? Speed??
 
I am looking to work as a Pharmacy Technician this coming fall, however I am unsure of what to include in my resume. Usually, people include their previous working experience, but I have none.

The only place I've ever "worked" before is in a pharmacy school lab (durin g the Summer). I did do things like make solutions, label them, label eppendorf tubes, etc...but I dunno how much that would help getting a job as a tech.

What other things can I include in my resume???

Computer Skills (e.g., excel, word, powerpoint....anything else)?

College GPA???

Typing skills??? Speed??

Customer service is the main ingredient when writing a successful pharmacy tech resume. College GPA - unnecessary. Typing skills - unnecessary. Most of the typing you do as a tech is entering SIG codes, so it doesn't take a lot of skill to type T 1 T PO BID into a computer. No Microsoft software is ever used either, at least not at my pharmacy. Emphasize any customer service work experience you have. Chances are you're going to start out as a clerk anyways and do mostly front counter stuff for a while before you are solid enough to fill, etc.
 
Most places care more about previous retail experience more than anything else.

It also doesn't hurt to put "Pre-Pharmacy" under your college curriculum.

Yeah, good call. That's one thing I forgot. If there is a spot for it make sure to add that. Can give you preference over other people if they know you're trying to become a pharmacist. When I applied, the pharmacy manager asked me, "So you were accepted to pharmacy school?" I said yes. He said, "That's all I need to hear." It can help you get yourself in line for an intern position as well.