Resume for Pharmacy Technician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

islandboy401

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to work as a Pharmacy Technician this coming fall, however I am unsure of what to include in my resume. Usually, people include their previous working experience, but I have none.

The only place I've ever "worked" before is in a pharmacy school lab (durin g the Summer). I did do things like make solutions, label them, label eppendorf tubes, etc...but I dunno how much that would help getting a job as a tech.

What other things can I include in my resume???

Computer Skills (e.g., excel, word, powerpoint....anything else)?

College GPA???

Typing skills??? Speed??

Members don't see this ad.

I am looking to work as a Pharmacy Technician this coming fall, however I am unsure of what to include in my resume. Usually, people include their previous working experience, but I have none.

The only place I've ever "worked" before is in a pharmacy school lab (durin g the Summer). I did do things like make solutions, label them, label eppendorf tubes, etc...but I dunno how much that would help getting a job as a tech.

What other things can I include in my resume???

Computer Skills (e.g., excel, word, powerpoint....anything else)?

College GPA???

Typing skills??? Speed??

Customer service is the main ingredient when writing a successful pharmacy tech resume. College GPA - unnecessary. Typing skills - unnecessary. Most of the typing you do as a tech is entering SIG codes, so it doesn't take a lot of skill to type T 1 T PO BID into a computer. No Microsoft software is ever used either, at least not at my pharmacy. Emphasize any customer service work experience you have. Chances are you're going to start out as a clerk anyways and do mostly front counter stuff for a while before you are solid enough to fill, etc.

Most places care more about previous retail experience more than anything else.

It also doesn't hurt to put "Pre-Pharmacy" under your college curriculum.

Most places care more about previous retail experience more than anything else.

It also doesn't hurt to put "Pre-Pharmacy" under your college curriculum.

Yeah, good call. That's one thing I forgot. If there is a spot for it make sure to add that. Can give you preference over other people if they know you're trying to become a pharmacist. When I applied, the pharmacy manager asked me, "So you were accepted to pharmacy school?" I said yes. He said, "That's all I need to hear." It can help you get yourself in line for an intern position as well.