• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Resume for Pharmacy Technician

islandboy401

10+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2008
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    I am looking to work as a Pharmacy Technician this coming fall, however I am unsure of what to include in my resume. Usually, people include their previous working experience, but I have none.

The only place I've ever "worked" before is in a pharmacy school lab (durin g the Summer). I did do things like make solutions, label them, label eppendorf tubes, etc...but I dunno how much that would help getting a job as a tech.

What other things can I include in my resume???

Computer Skills (e.g., excel, word, powerpoint....anything else)?

College GPA???

Typing skills??? Speed??

ValeRx

Not Retail
    10+ Year Member
    Dec 15, 2008
    Midwest
    1. Pharmacist
      I am looking to work as a Pharmacy Technician this coming fall, however I am unsure of what to include in my resume. Usually, people include their previous working experience, but I have none.

The only place I've ever "worked" before is in a pharmacy school lab (durin g the Summer). I did do things like make solutions, label them, label eppendorf tubes, etc...but I dunno how much that would help getting a job as a tech.

What other things can I include in my resume???

Computer Skills (e.g., excel, word, powerpoint....anything else)?

College GPA???

Typing skills??? Speed??

Customer service is the main ingredient when writing a successful pharmacy tech resume. College GPA - unnecessary. Typing skills - unnecessary. Most of the typing you do as a tech is entering SIG codes, so it doesn't take a lot of skill to type T 1 T PO BID into a computer. No Microsoft software is ever used either, at least not at my pharmacy. Emphasize any customer service work experience you have. Chances are you're going to start out as a clerk anyways and do mostly front counter stuff for a while before you are solid enough to fill, etc.

ValeRx

Not Retail
      10+ Year Member
      Dec 15, 2008
      Midwest
      1. Pharmacist
        Most places care more about previous retail experience more than anything else.

It also doesn't hurt to put "Pre-Pharmacy" under your college curriculum.

Yeah, good call. That's one thing I forgot. If there is a spot for it make sure to add that. Can give you preference over other people if they know you're trying to become a pharmacist. When I applied, the pharmacy manager asked me, "So you were accepted to pharmacy school?" I said yes. He said, "That's all I need to hear." It can help you get yourself in line for an intern position as well.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.