resume question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jennyklm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
i'm having trouble with my resume and wondering if anyone has any advice. I worked on a couple of research projects where the manuscript is in progress or has been sent off to a journal. We've also presented a poster and/or submitted an abstract for a conference for the above research projects. Would I list these all separately under different sections (eg. manuscripts/pubs section, abstract/poster presentation sections) or would I lump the manuscript stuff/abstract/and poster together under each research project? Hope this makes sense.
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

jennyklm said:
hi everyone,
i'm having trouble with my resume and wondering if anyone has any advice. I worked on a couple of research projects where the manuscript is in progress or has been sent off to a journal. We've also presented a poster and/or submitted an abstract for a conference for the above research projects. Would I list these all separately under different sections (eg. manuscripts/pubs section, abstract/poster presentation sections) or would I lump the manuscript stuff/abstract/and poster together under each research project? Hope this makes sense.
thanks!

Typically on an academic CV, one lists papers separately under one heading and abstracts/presentations under another.

OldPsychDoc said:
Typically on an academic CV, one lists papers separately under one heading and abstracts/presentations under another.

for some reason, ERAS lumps em all together :(

If you have lets say a manuscript in the review process and a conference presentation on the same project, it is entirely appropriate to list them separately. Most people reading an academic CV (or its somewhat amputated form in ERAS) will be able to put 2+2 together.

If the 14 spots they have for publications are not enough, you would probably leave off some of the posters if you have papers or talks to fill the list with.