resume question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pugsly

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if the US Medical Students are asked to prepare their resume for the MATCH in a specific format that the PD's are more familiar with. If anyone can PM me with the format I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

MS-IV

Members don't see this ad.

All residency applications are submitted through ERAS. ERAS automatically takes the information you provide in each category and turns it into a standard format (which approximates a CV but is different in some ways). You do not upload a CV to ERAS, you just fill in blanks and your school uploads certain other things (like transcript, letters of recommendation, etc).

Once ERAS complies your application you can print it out and look at it. But it doesn't really make sense to create a resume in that format for any other reason. You also don't really need to have a resume when you are applying, to be honest, unless you want to give it to people separately.

I was wondering if the US Medical Students are asked to prepare their resume for the MATCH in a specific format that the PD's are more familiar with. If anyone can PM me with the format I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

MS-IV

Any formats you see suggested for med students applying to residency may be more helpful for the CV you may email/hand out to the people writing your letters of recomendation. This not the one the PDs see as stated above.

MS-IV

Are you an MS-IV? If so, haven't you gone through the Match already? :confused: