retail district office rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm00123

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am planning on doing a rotation at walgreens district offices. Does anyone have any experience with this type of rotation (whether it be at walgreens or for a different company)? What are the types of things they have you do? Since I am planning on doing retail and would like a job with walgreens after I graduate, do you think there is any "best" time to have that rotation. Right now my school says it will be sometime in october block, so if I wanted a job offer out of it, would the district manager know that early on what positions he had available?
Thank so much 🙂
 
I'm doing a management rotation now, although not with a major chain. Smaller operation, only 7 pharmacies. My preceptor was formerly a CVS DM. Pretty interesting coming up with P&P, new initiatives, training the staff on it, doing financial stuff. If they like you, it certainly wouldn't hurt your chances of finding employment.