retail pharm tech exp.

PharmEm

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
    Today was my first day as a pharm tech in a retail pharmacy and I must say, I HATE IT! I was just working and thinking, "Man, how can anyone do this as a career and why would any pharmacist want to do this?!?" I use to be a pharm tech at a ambulatory clinic which I liked much more but this retail thing just sucks. I know there are some people out there that like the retail side and I'm not trying to bash em in any way but I just don't think it's for me. The reason I changed from the ambulatory clinic to retail was so that I could experience both sides and although the work sucks, I'm glad I made the switch b/c it made me realize that retail pharmacy isn't for me. I don't know, I just had to vent, it was just a long and confusing day.

Ritzy

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jan 30, 2006
    Jax
    1. Pre-Pharmacy
      bananaface said:
      Alot of times it depends on the store you work at. If I had started off at Walgreens I would have hated pharmacy. :laugh:

Ah!! I work at Walgreens now... and yeah, things get crazy and sometimes I wonder if I'm crazy for wanting to be a pharmacist. But its not that bad. Sometimes I wish I just had more time at work to learn about all the pharmaceuticals and spent less time folding instructions and filling up bottles.

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
      Nov 16, 2005
      Atlanta, GA
      1. Pharmacy Student
        PharmEm said:
        Today was my first day as a pharm tech in a retail pharmacy and I must say, I HATE IT! I was just working and thinking, "Man, how can anyone do this as a career and why would any pharmacist want to do this?!?" I use to be a pharm tech at a ambulatory clinic which I liked much more but this retail thing just sucks. I know there are some people out there that like the retail side and I'm not trying to bash em in any way but I just don't think it's for me. The reason I changed from the ambulatory clinic to retail was so that I could experience both sides and although the work sucks, I'm glad I made the switch b/c it made me realize that retail pharmacy isn't for me. I don't know, I just had to vent, it was just a long and confusing day.
        Remember that retail can vary WIDELY from store to store. If you are in a very busy store, the first day can literally be overwhelming. My suggestion is to give it a month or two and then see how you feel. Once you know the computer system some and start recognizing some of the patients, then it might feel a little more comfortable to you.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.