Retail Pharmacy - How to report someone who's doing a bad job?

shroomysoup

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
If someone is working in retail pharmacy and they think a nurse practitioner from somewhere else is doing a really bad job and should have his licensed revoked/suspended, how would they go about reporting him?

Kirbypuff

Worldling
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What kind of evidence does this someone have on the evil NP?

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
Nurse Practioners are under the State Board of Nursing. If you have a legitimate complaint go to the website and fill out a complaint form.

I have done this twice. Once for a Doctor who had his license revoked but still had an office upstairs from us and was still seeing patients.

Second time was a Dentist who called in a prescription for Bactrim DS for a UTI.

Both times the respective boards put the smack down.

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
I am but a young padawan, so teach me. Isn't Bactrim DS indicated for UTI?

Kirbypuff

Worldling
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
What's a dentist doing examining a patient for UTI? .... Although, there are some rare cases of people growing teeth in strange parts of their body....

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
What's a dentist doing examining a patient for UTI? .... Although, there are some rare cases of people growing teeth in strange parts of their body....
LOL, hmm, maybe the immense pain from the UTI was interfering with his ability to properly provide dental treatment? Grasping at straws here.

MountainPharmD

custodiunt illud simplex
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
Yes it is.....Its out of a Dentists scope of practice to prescribe it for that indication. Long story short this idiot dentist pissed me off which is why I submitted a complaint. I believe he got his license suspended. I was told this was not his first time.

Last edited:

Aznfarmerboi

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Yes it is.....Its out of a Dentists scope of practice to prescribe it for that indication. Long story short this idiot dentist pissed me off which is why I submitted a complaint. I believe he got his license suspended. This wasn't the first time for this guy is what I was told.
Yup, I kindly remind the dentists/OD/podiatrist a few times and then report them now. No point in giving them professional courtesy afer the first few times.