Retail Pharmacy - How to report someone who's doing a bad job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shroomysoup

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If someone is working in retail pharmacy and they think a nurse practitioner from somewhere else is doing a really bad job and should have his licensed revoked/suspended, how would they go about reporting him?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nurse Practioners are under the State Board of Nursing. If you have a legitimate complaint go to the website and fill out a complaint form.

I have done this twice. Once for a Doctor who had his license revoked but still had an office upstairs from us and was still seeing patients.

Second time was a Dentist who called in a prescription for Bactrim DS for a UTI.

Both times the respective boards put the smack down.
 
I am but a young padawan, so teach me. Isn't Bactrim DS indicated for UTI?

Yes it is.....Its out of a Dentists scope of practice to prescribe it for that indication. Long story short this idiot dentist pissed me off which is why I submitted a complaint. I believe he got his license suspended. I was told this was not his first time.
 
Last edited:
Yes it is.....Its out of a Dentists scope of practice to prescribe it for that indication. Long story short this idiot dentist pissed me off which is why I submitted a complaint. I believe he got his license suspended. This wasn't the first time for this guy is what I was told.

Yup, I kindly remind the dentists/OD/podiatrist a few times and then report them now. No point in giving them professional courtesy afer the first few times.