Retake PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zona2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the pcat on april 2 and got these preliminary scores. Should I retake on account of the low chemistry part?. I am only applying state schools which might be more "strict" as far as stats go.

Bio 64
Chem 37
Reading 96
Quant 62
Composite 70

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

So I took the pcat on april 2 and got these preliminary scores. Should I retake on account of the low chemistry part?. I am only applying state schools which might be more "strict" as far as stats go.

Bio 64
Chem 37
Reading 96
Quant 62
Composite 70

Any thoughts?

Although your Chemistry is on the low side, your overall composite score is fine. Unless any specific state school your applying to lists a cut-off score for chemistry, I would not bother retaking. Admissions is a numbers game. If your GPA is decent with pharmacy experience then apply broadly and you’ll be bound to pick up an interview.

Bio 64
Chem 37
Reading 96
Quant 62
Composite 70

Any thoughts?

My concern is that you may not have a complete grasp of the chemistry topics--which you will need for pharmacy school. Whether or not you retake the PCAT, I would recommend reviewing the chemistry topics which you are not confident about.