kies89

7+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2010
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I go to UC
and i heard even if we fail, we can make it up and replace the grade (up to 16 units only throught whole school years)

if i think ill get C, should i just fail it and get F
and retake and replace my grade to like hopefully A or B?

idk if that F remains in your record..
and idk if graduate school cares about that

help me please

fldnstrm

5+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2009
NY,NY
Status
Dental Student
I'm sure that's what an interviewer would want to hear. I was going to get a C so I just failed the class (gave up), because I knew I could retake it later.

Do yourself a favor and forget failing the class, if you get a C with a lot of effort, retake and put in more effort. Don't try and convince yourself that getting an F followed by an A looks good. The big fat "F" will remain on your transcript forever and does not disappear when you get a better grade, that is ridiculous.

Vicviper

Michael De Coro, DMD - AKA Steve McAwesome
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Visalia, CA
Status
Dentist
No, really don't do it! See, for the UC, if you fail a class and retake it, the new grade will replace it in your GPA, but your UC GPA isn't worth the paper your transcript is printed on. AADSAS counts ALL classes you've ever taken, including ones you've repeated. So if you do get an F, and retake and get an A, it'd be as though you took two of the class and got C's.

In summary, do NOT do this!

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
No, really don't do it! See, for the UC, if you fail a class and retake it, the new grade will replace it in your GPA, but your UC GPA isn't worth the paper your transcript is printed on. AADSAS counts ALL classes you've ever taken, including ones you've repeated. So if you do get an F, and retake and get an A, it'd be as though you took two of the class and got C's.

In summary, do NOT do this!
Dont waste your time and money, just take the HIGHEST grade you can get in that class and do well in OTHER science classes to balance it out. Then if you have spare time and don't mind the effort when near graduating, retake the classes you did bad.

Vicviper

Michael De Coro, DMD - AKA Steve McAwesome
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Visalia, CA
Status
Dentist
Dont waste your time and money, just take the HIGHEST grade you can get in that class and do well in OTHER science classes to balance it out. Then if you have spare time and don't mind the effort when near graduating, retake the classes you did bad.
And only if you're 100% sure you'll be able to get an A!