Retakers, I have a question

Started by random1234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

random1234

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just out of curiosity were any of the questions from your first MCAT repeated the second time around?
 
So theoretically, one could possibly boost their score if they sat in on a lot of MCAT administrations, voided them, and tried to exactly remember all the passages/topics that came up to be better prepared.

Interesting....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have to keep in mind that that if they had even 25 different passages for a section like PS, then u can make 480,700 combinations of the exam. By the way taking a prep course isn't gonna give u a better score or going to a college that says they prepare students for the MCAT. A prep course just forces u work and give u extra materials.
 
I'd imagine this is exactly why the AAMC only lets you take three times per year. They constantly add new test questions every year so it's very unlikely you'd run into a test mostly made up of stuff you've seen before, even if you spent years voiding exams.

One thing I am curious about though is that from what I've seen written in other posts on this forum, the proctors at Prometric can see your screen the whole time. If that's true, then it seems like if one were to get a job as a proctor at Prometric and worked there for a year or two you'd very likely know every question in circulation on the MCAT. Makes me wonder if AAMC has a policy about Prometric employees taking the MCAT.
 
I'd imagine this is exactly why the AAMC only lets you take three times per year. They constantly add new test questions every year so it's very unlikely you'd run into a test mostly made up of stuff you've seen before, even if you spent years voiding exams.

One thing I am curious about though is that from what I've seen written in other posts on this forum, the proctors at Prometric can see your screen the whole time. If that's true, then it seems like if one were to get a job as a proctor at Prometric and worked there for a year or two you'd very likely know every question in circulation on the MCAT. Makes me wonder if AAMC has a policy about Prometric employees taking the MCAT.

that would be some ridiculous rule
 
I'd imagine this is exactly why the AAMC only lets you take three times per year. They constantly add new test questions every year so it's very unlikely you'd run into a test mostly made up of stuff you've seen before, even if you spent years voiding exams.

One thing I am curious about though is that from what I've seen written in other posts on this forum, the proctors at Prometric can see your screen the whole time. If that's true, then it seems like if one were to get a job as a proctor at Prometric and worked there for a year or two you'd very likely know every question in circulation on the MCAT. Makes me wonder if AAMC has a policy about Prometric employees taking the MCAT.

Yesterday the could see everyone's entire cubicle except for the screen. The camera was located on the ceiling behind the computer screen angled down, so it was hidden.

I could see some gunners looking into this though. :laugh: