1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Retaking a class & AMCAS GPA - NOT the same old question...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SailCrazy, Apr 4, 2004.

1. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

Ok, so I've done a search and read 1001 AMCAS GPA threads. I still haven't found the answer to my question.

I know that many people have said that when you retake a class AMCAS "averages" your grades.

Does it really average those two grades, or does AMCAS just tread them each as an individual class in your GPA calculation?

For example:
    Bio 2, 4 credits, you get a C and an A. (taking the class twice)

Does AMCAS count this as one four credit class in which you earned a B?

Or does it count them as 1 in which you earned a C and 1 in which you earned and A? (The equilivant to two four credit classes in which you earned a B.)

Would it make any difference if you took the classes at different schools?

Thanks for the help!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 1 A and 1 C will be counted. Your GPA averages ALL grades by adding all earned GPA credits dived by ALL credit hours attempted.

4. Luthertaketwo

Luthertaketwo Membership Revoked
    Removed

I'm pretty sure they just include them both into your GPA as 4 credit C and a 4 credit A.

5. zinjanthropus

Physician Faculty 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    both classes count towards your amcas gpa...doesn't matter where you took the classes