Retaking a class & AMCAS GPA - NOT the same old question...

• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

SailCrazy

I gotta have more cowbell
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Procrastination Island
Visit site
Status
Ok, so I've done a search and read 1001 AMCAS GPA threads. I still haven't found the answer to my question.

I know that many people have said that when you retake a class AMCAS "averages" your grades.

Does it really average those two grades, or does AMCAS just tread them each as an individual class in your GPA calculation?

For example:
Bio 2, 4 credits, you get a C and an A. (taking the class twice)

Does AMCAS count this as one four credit class in which you earned a B?

Or does it count them as 1 in which you earned a C and 1 in which you earned and A? (The equilivant to two four credit classes in which you earned a B.)

Would it make any difference if you took the classes at different schools?

Thanks for the help!

?

1 A and 1 C will be counted. Your GPA averages ALL grades by adding all earned GPA credits dived by ALL credit hours attempted.

Luthertaketwo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Visit site
Status
I'm pretty sure they just include them both into your GPA as 4 credit C and a 4 credit A.

May 31, 2003
FL
www.facebook.com
Status
Attending Physician
both classes count towards your amcas gpa...doesn't matter where you took the classes

About the Ads