Retaking a Prerequisite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jumb0

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am applying to pharmacy school now, and the school requires all prerequisites to be taken with a grade of C or better.

I am in my senior year of college, and I have completed all the prerequisites....the only problem is that I got a C- in CHEM 01 when I was a sophomore....I later went on to get A's and B's in Chem 02 and the Orgos.

I would re-take CHEM 01 during the Spring Semester, but the time conflicts with a course I need to graduate...

The application deadline for my pharmacy school is in early February...

Can I still apply now with the intention of re-taking CHEM 01 during the Summer before pharmacy school starts?

Members don't see this ad.

So I am applying to pharmacy school now, and the school requires all prerequisites to be taken with a grade of C or better.

I am in my senior year of college, and I have completed all the prerequisites....the only problem is that I got a C- in CHEM 01 when I was a sophomore....I later went on to get A's and B's in Chem 02 and the Orgos.

I would re-take CHEM 01 during the Spring Semester, but the time conflicts with a course I need to graduate...

The application deadline for my pharmacy school is in early February...

Can I still apply now with the intention of re-taking CHEM 01 during the Summer before pharmacy school starts?

Check with the school. Some schools require that pre-reqs be completed by spring.

Check with the school. Some schools require that pre-reqs be completed by spring.

I just checked, and it said pre-reqs need to be completed by SUMMER....That's a relief.

So now my next question is...Should I indicate on my application that I intend to retake CHEM 01 or should I just submit it without any indication and then just contact the admissions office directly?