Retaking a Prerequisite

Started by Jumb0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jumb0

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am applying to pharmacy school now, and the school requires all prerequisites to be taken with a grade of C or better.

I am in my senior year of college, and I have completed all the prerequisites....the only problem is that I got a C- in CHEM 01 when I was a sophomore....I later went on to get A's and B's in Chem 02 and the Orgos.

I would re-take CHEM 01 during the Spring Semester, but the time conflicts with a course I need to graduate...

The application deadline for my pharmacy school is in early February...

Can I still apply now with the intention of re-taking CHEM 01 during the Summer before pharmacy school starts?
 
So I am applying to pharmacy school now, and the school requires all prerequisites to be taken with a grade of C or better.

I am in my senior year of college, and I have completed all the prerequisites....the only problem is that I got a C- in CHEM 01 when I was a sophomore....I later went on to get A's and B's in Chem 02 and the Orgos.

I would re-take CHEM 01 during the Spring Semester, but the time conflicts with a course I need to graduate...

The application deadline for my pharmacy school is in early February...

Can I still apply now with the intention of re-taking CHEM 01 during the Summer before pharmacy school starts?

Check with the school. Some schools require that pre-reqs be completed by spring.
 
Check with the school. Some schools require that pre-reqs be completed by spring.

I just checked, and it said pre-reqs need to be completed by SUMMER....That's a relief.

So now my next question is...Should I indicate on my application that I intend to retake CHEM 01 or should I just submit it without any indication and then just contact the admissions office directly?