Retaking AAMC FLs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariposas905

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took AAMC FL 1 and 2 last year when I was studying for the MCAT. Unfortunately, I did poorly and am now retaking. I recently re-did FL 1 and FL 2 and received a 520 and 515 respectively. Last year, I received 510 on AAMC FL 1 and 509 on FL 2.

It's been 11 months since I looked at those tests, so I really didn't remember much especially on FL 2. FL 2 seemed really hard for me and I ran out of time on CARS. I didn't recall any of their passages. But even then, do these new scores have any predictive value at all for me?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d take FL #3. Or the sample exam and use one of the calculators on here to see how you would have done.

I already took the sample exam last year too. I retook it again this year already...didn't remember much but still likely inflated. I will do FL 3 soon as that's probably the most predictive for me

Maybe save FL3 and keep drilling all AAMC material and NS 1-4.

I'm pretty much done with all AAMC material. I did everything including the free mini-AAMC test. I'm going to finish C/P Section Bank today and then, I think all that's left for me in AAMC material is FL 3 and the second question pack of B/B.

Do you think NS 1-4 will be enough practice FLs in time for the June 16th exam or should I do more? Is NS similar to AAMC?

I did NS1-5 but i'm testing May19 and hovering around 510. NS is good the CARS is a little different and i think their PS is close but not exactly the same. Did you look into Uworld there is a free 90 day and the PS is awesome there. CP and BB are hard but worth the free sign up

I'm pretty much done with all AAMC material. I did everything including the free mini-AAMC test. I'm going to finish C/P Section Bank today and then, I think all that's left for me in AAMC material is FL 3 and the second question pack of B/B.

Do you think NS 1-4 will be enough practice FLs in time for the June 16th exam or should I do more? Is NS similar to AAMC?

hey, how did you do on your test?
I'm a retaker too and today i just took FL2 and scored 520 on it. i took FL2 last year and got a 506 on it. I was wondering what your score was on FL3 so I can compare it to mine since we had big jumps on the aamc FL from our first try.

hey, how did you do on your test?
I'm a retaker too and today i just took FL2 and scored 520 on it. i took FL2 last year and got a 506 on it. I was wondering what your score was on FL3 so I can compare it to mine since we had big jumps on the aamc FL from our first try.

I only took it two days ago, so I don't know how it went. I will say that it was basically nothing like the FLs for me. The FLs are too easy, I'm starting to think even Next Step is too easy tbh. Altius was def too easy. Their bio section is heavy experimental, but the questions can be relatively easily answered from the data. AAMC isn't like that on the real thing, at least on my version. It is very hard to gauge how I did on the real test :( Even though I had a jump on FL 1 and 2, I only received a 510 on FL3. Lots of stupid mistakes on that C/P section.