• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Retaking CBT MCAT

vectorman

10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is it possible to retake a CBT mcat within one or two months after taking the first test? I'm thinking of taking the MCAT during June and may be in August if I don't do so well...is this possible with the seats filling up so quickly?

KOREAownsGando

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I doubt it. I enrolled for this April, and I tried to get another date for June, but the website said one enrollment at a time. If you mess up your June one, i don't think you can't retake it until umm... next January? The July/Aug spots will be full by then

Captain Fantastic

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
Mizzou Med
Status (Visible)
You can only hold one seat at a time. So you can't register for a second test until after you've sat for the first one.

I agree that the later test dates (July/Aug/Sep) will probably get sucked up quickly since you'll have first-timers and re-testers gunning for them. You might have to travel a bit to find an open testing center, but it's possible to test upto three times in one year.

gary5

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 25, 2003
Status (Visible)
Take the AMCAS practice exams as the April exam approaches. If you're not scoring high enough, then don't take the April exam and register for the August. Try to take the MCAT only once. It's rather permanent.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.