Retaking CBT MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vectorman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to retake a CBT mcat within one or two months after taking the first test? I'm thinking of taking the MCAT during June and may be in August if I don't do so well...is this possible with the seats filling up so quickly?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt it. I enrolled for this April, and I tried to get another date for June, but the website said one enrollment at a time. If you mess up your June one, i don't think you can't retake it until umm... next January? The July/Aug spots will be full by then

You can only hold one seat at a time. So you can't register for a second test until after you've sat for the first one.

I agree that the later test dates (July/Aug/Sep) will probably get sucked up quickly since you'll have first-timers and re-testers gunning for them. You might have to travel a bit to find an open testing center, but it's possible to test upto three times in one year.

Take the AMCAS practice exams as the April exam approaches. If you're not scoring high enough, then don't take the April exam and register for the August. Try to take the MCAT only once. It's rather permanent.