jw112

2+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2017
I took dual enrollment classes in high school. However, my college does not accept these classes as credit for my major, so I have to retake them at my 4 yr university. Would med schools look down on retaking the classes? Should I make a note of this on my app?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I took dual enrollment classes in high school. However, my college does not accept these classes as credit for my major, so I have to retake them at my 4 yr university. Would med schools look down on retaking the classes? Should I make a note of this on my app?
No, and yes

gonnif

Only 512 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I would make a note of it on your secondary applications when you apply. The issue is it does raise a flag and put a question in a reviewer's mind . However if you have a reasonable explanation, it likely will have little impact

Other applicants are in the same shoes. When repeat credits appear on a med school application transcript early in the college years (rather than after a dismal GPA has been earned) the differential diagnosis can include poor academic counseling, a desire to better grasp the material before moving on to advanced coursework, or institutional requirement. I don't think that you need to explain. The timing and a decent prior grade make it clear you aren't trying to buff up your GPA. JMO.