retaking cc classes at uni?

jw112

2+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2017
I took dual enrollment classes in high school. However, my college does not accept these classes as credit for my major, so I have to retake them at my 4 yr university. Would med schools look down on retaking the classes? Should I make a note of this on my app?

Jun 11, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
  1. Non-Student
I took dual enrollment classes in high school. However, my college does not accept these classes as credit for my major, so I have to retake them at my 4 yr university. Would med schools look down on retaking the classes? Should I make a note of this on my app?
No, and yes

Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
  1. Attending Physician
Other applicants are in the same shoes. When repeat credits appear on a med school application transcript early in the college years (rather than after a dismal GPA has been earned) the differential diagnosis can include poor academic counseling, a desire to better grasp the material before moving on to advanced coursework, or institutional requirement. I don't think that you need to explain. The timing and a decent prior grade make it clear you aren't trying to buff up your GPA. JMO.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.