retaking cc classes at uni?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jw112

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took dual enrollment classes in high school. However, my college does not accept these classes as credit for my major, so I have to retake them at my 4 yr university. Would med schools look down on retaking the classes? Should I make a note of this on my app?

Members don't see this ad.

I took dual enrollment classes in high school. However, my college does not accept these classes as credit for my major, so I have to retake them at my 4 yr university. Would med schools look down on retaking the classes? Should I make a note of this on my app?
Other applicants are in the same shoes. When repeat credits appear on a med school application transcript early in the college years (rather than after a dismal GPA has been earned) the differential diagnosis can include poor academic counseling, a desire to better grasp the material before moving on to advanced coursework, or institutional requirement. I don't think that you need to explain. The timing and a decent prior grade make it clear you aren't trying to buff up your GPA. JMO.