Retaking class at another college

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Popey

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HEY!
So i took chem 1 my first go around at my university and got a C+ (my only C)

I decided to retake the class at another separate university in the summer to get a higher grade, but ended up getting a worse grade.
I know this won't affect my GPA at my regular college, but do i have to list the course i took at the other college i went to in the summer on my dental admission or can i just ride with my previous C+?
it helped because im gonna take the DAT soon and it refreshed me on some concepts, but its not worth it if it'll affect my dental admission

any info?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The rule says you must list any and all courses you've ever taken in an university/college, so I'm assuming yes, you'll have to list it.
On a side note, how do they check to find out if one didn't list an university when one should? I'm sure they have their ways. I wouldn't risk it....

I would say better safe than sorry. You sign a statement saying that you did it all honestly. The rule says you have to state every class from every university. If they found out (who knows if they would) it would probably make you untouchable, especially since there is AADSAS who could let every school know in a jiff when the jig is up. I wouldn't risk it just for a difference of 0.01 in your gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh really? thats what i was afraid of. Well, there's still time to drop the course and get a W, which is a lot better than the grade i might get.

ughh second W though :(

Oh really? thats what i was afraid of. Well, there's still time to drop the course and get a W, which is a lot better than the grade i might get.

ughh second W though :(

Trust me, take the W. It's much better then getting a grade worse then a C. It's easier to explain what happened with a W if it ever comes up.