General Admissions & OTCAS retaking classes and OTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellaot

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be retaking A&P I in the summer and then A&P II in the fall. I want to start submitting aplications as soon as possible but i'm curious as to how it works when you are retaking (or haven't completed prereqs)? I remember when I applied last time I had to match up the classes I had taken with each schools prereq so would I just not select one yet? Or do I select my first attempt and then somehow let them know I'm retaking them?

Members don't see this ad.

The first time that I applied I was still finishing up courses. From what I remember you have the option to put a course down as planned or in progress on OTCAS and then you can use those classes when matching up courses with prereqs. Or you could put your already completed courses and individually emails the admissions departments for the schools you are applying to and let them know you are retaking the courses.

So it lets you chose your new grade while entering transcripts and selecting prereqs but just keep in mind that when OTCAS calculates your overall GPA to send out to schools, it includes all grade attempts.

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to OTCAS cycle dates, would it be better to try to get in all of my transcript information for the next app cycle now (while the previous cycle is still open for a couple of more weeks) or later once the new cycle opens up (mid/late July)? Won't the information just carry over? Curious because I don't want to spend money on transcript information in hopes to get it in earlier, just to have to do it all over again once the new cycle opens up.

In regards to OTCAS cycle dates, would it be better to try to get in all of my transcript information for the next app cycle now (while the previous cycle is still open for a couple of more weeks) or later once the new cycle opens up (mid/late July)? Won't the information just carry over? Curious because I don't want to spend money on transcript information in hopes to get it in earlier, just to have to do it all over again once the new cycle opens up.
I believe it carries over unless you submit an application. I started my transcript entry and LORs 2 cycles before and everything was fine once I started adding in applications as the new cycle opened. But you still won't get your transcript or GPA verified until your 1st app is submitted, so theres not a huge benefit of getting going on it now except saving you time later.