Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Retaking classes

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by OrangeLamp123, 01.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. OrangeLamp123

OrangeLamp123

Hi again!

So I have decided to retake some of my classes that I didn't do so well in (Bio 1 and 2 I made Ds and Ochem 1, Chem 1 made Cs, and taking Human Physiology and lab).

The question that I want to ask is that if take these classes at my local community college, would that look bad on my application? I just don't have the money right now to pay to take them at the university.

I also plan on doing a Masters in Psychology, if that helps any.

I am looking at MD and DO schools.

And I have read nearly every thread on this matter, but with every new thread, I just get more anxious... so I figured why not get a more clear answer.

Thank you!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Catalystik

Catalystik Providing herd protection SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Verified
    Physician
    Verified
    Faculty
    No DO school, and most MD schools, will not look down on you for doing postbac coursework at a CC.

A masters in Psych won't be very helpful, except as it gives you research and teaching opportunities, as there is little hard science involved to help prove your capability in getting excellent grades on the first go-round with med school-like coursework.

4. Goro

Goro 5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Verified
    Faculty
    100% concur with my learned colleague.

5. OrangeLamp123

OrangeLamp123

Thank you so much for your help!! :)

About the ads