Retaking classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OrangeLamp123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi again!

So I have decided to retake some of my classes that I didn't do so well in (Bio 1 and 2 I made Ds and Ochem 1, Chem 1 made Cs, and taking Human Physiology and lab).

The question that I want to ask is that if take these classes at my local community college, would that look bad on my application? I just don't have the money right now to pay to take them at the university.

I also plan on doing a Masters in Psychology, if that helps any.

I am looking at MD and DO schools.

And I have read nearly every thread on this matter, but with every new thread, I just get more anxious... so I figured why not get a more clear answer.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

No DO school, and most MD schools, will not look down on you for doing postbac coursework at a CC.

A masters in Psych won't be very helpful, except as it gives you research and teaching opportunities, as there is little hard science involved to help prove your capability in getting excellent grades on the first go-round with med school-like coursework.

100% concur with my learned colleague.

No DO school, and most MD schools, will not look down on you for doing postbac coursework at a CC.

A masters in Psych won't be very helpful, except as it gives you research and teaching opportunities, as there is little hard science involved to help prove your capability in getting excellent grades on the first go-round with med school-like coursework.