Retaking English course...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

centrinoduo

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I am a postbac student who's been away from college for roughly 4 years. I had this bad english grade during my freshman year of college (let's say I didn't pass because I simply did not care to submit the final essay...). I've heard D.O. is willing to replace your old grade with a new one so I am looking to retake the english class to do just that to my english grade.

Now the question...

If I were to take an english class from my postbac college, would AACOMA recognize that I had somehow "retaken" English class? Or would I have to go back to my old school and retake this? How would AACOMA recognize that I had retaken English if I were to decide to take another English at my postbac school, intending to replace my old english class? Btw, my problematic English class was called Narrative.

I was a philosophy major, so yes, I did take other English courses after that and did okay. It's just one that I received the failing grade was the one that was from English department, meaning on a transcript the course title was Eng 114. Other english courses I took afterwards were:

(Coli stands for Comparative Literature)

Coli 111 (world literature II) : B
Coli 280v (Gothic Fiction/horror films) : A
Coli 211B (Literature and Psychology) : A-

Of course these are the only English type of courses that I have listed. So what would you say? Do you believe I should retake ENG titled course from same school? Or is it okay if I were to take ENG titled course from my postbac school? Do you think AACOMA would recognize any intro level of ENG titled course from different school as a replacement course?

Thanks...
 
It's been a while since I filled out the app, but there is a way of denoting the courses and the retakes. They do have to be the same course, however... so bio 101 has to be a bio 101 or 105 with a similar course name.