Retaking GRE for schools with rolling admissions?

Started by AerialPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AerialPT

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the GRE on August 16th and scored 159Q and 159V. However, the GRE site has had technical difficulties and my AWA score is taking much longer than the standard 10-15 days to be posted online. Although I did relatively well on quant and verbal, I was extremely nervous on my first essay and am not at all confident in my AWA score.

My question is, if my AWA score is subpar, should I submit it anyway to rolling schools just for the sake of applying earlier with a completed application? Or should I wait to retake it, hopefully do better next time, and submit my GRE scores then? I'm scared that if I send my scores in now and retake it later, schools with rolling admission might not even view/consider my updated scores once they receive them :/
 
I think it's better to submit. Many rolling admissions schools fill up quickly. The class could be set before you retake.