Retaking my DAT - need advice :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NguyenDDS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hm...i think this is a tough call

obviously the sooner, the better for the DAT...especially if you're still in undergrad and your school goes by the semester system. this usually means ~ 2.5-3 weeks off? i'd say get your hardcore studying done then, and then take prac tests when school starts up again, and knock it out by the end of january.

and it's good that your grades have gone up, so that'll help your case for the update as well.

as generic as this sounds...call the schools up (esp the one that waitlisted you), and ask what they think.

Thank you preDENT1210!! :) I'm scheduled to retake my DAT Jan. 31 :)

Good job raising that sGPA.

I think you will need at least 20+ DAT to be considered for this cycle. I know someone who was in the same position as you. He retook his DAT and scored 21. He got in last cycle. Don't lose hope.

I know you can do it Nguyen. Study hard and it will pay back. :xf::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Good job raising that sGPA.

I think you will need at least 20+ DAT to be considered for this cycle. I know someone who was in the same position as you. He retook his DAT and scored 21. He got in last cycle. Don't lose hope.

I know you can do it Nguyen. Study hard and it will pay back. :xf::xf:

Thanks vcu2016! I'm going to study as hard as I can. I will let you know how it goes! :)

Hello everyone:)

I had 3 pre-dec interviews, but didn't get any acceptances on Dec. 1. I know it's partially because of my stats. I was rejected from 1 school post-interview, wait-listed at 1 school post-interview, and the last school I'm not sure about.

Before academic update (June-Dec):
cGPA 3.53
sGPA 3.38 (was available as 3.33 because of AADSAS mistakes)
BCP 3.02

After academic update (Dec/January+):
cGA 3.58
sGPA 3.46
BCP 3.12

DAT scores:
AA18 / TS19 / BIO17 / OC20 / GC21 / QR15 / PA18 / RC18

I believe it's my BCP and BIO/QR scores that are holding me back the most. I need a high TS to somewhat forgive my BCP. As some of you may know, I studied 2 weeks for my first DAT. For those of you who are reading this and have not taken your DAT yet.... please don't take it until you're ready. You want to get it done right the first time :)

My questions are:
1. Should I retake the DAT for THIS cycle? One school that rejected me before an interview said my DAT scores are acceptable but it was my sGPA/BCP that was holding me back.
2. And when would be the best time to retake my DAT to increase my chances of getting off the wait-list? January? February? I know I'll study hardcore this time. :)

Thanks!! :)

how do you already know your fall semester grades! your final grades have already been posted? arent normal semesters not over for like another week or 2

lol Well, I've been making only 98-100s on exams. So, I'm assuming I'm going to make A's in the classes lol.