Retaking Organic chem 3 times! - DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, didn't see the point. I talked in general about the journey and the struggle. About how I'm not a quitter in the face of a adversity, etc. I have much more interesting things to talk about.
Have you considered contacting Dos Equis for a spot as "most interesting doctor in the world?"
 
Applied 1993
Ended up being homeless the summer of 1993 since my husband spent all our $$, lived in a shack on the tundra for 8 months.
I graduated undergrad with a B.S in biology1994 (7yrs total) my mom died just before
Had a child 1995
Did one year post-bacc myself, did all the pre-req's at once 97-98
Applied Jan 1999
Had 2nd child Feb 1999
Applied Sept 1999
Husband left Oct 1999
Applied June 2000, accepted for class of 2005
Divorce final Jan 2001
Life got in the way, went to post bacc at med school 2001
Graduated with class 2006



I should add that I took the MCAT 3 times too.
I figure if I did it, anyone can.

Not a frequent member, but I'm a big fan of yours. 🙂
 
That is GREAT book, is an excellent read for a fresh perspective in humility.

I'm 26 (did not start school until I was 23) and I'm consistently at odds with the system that I see - I'm surrounded with 18-19 year olds at campus, the party scene, little or no clue of the value of a dollar and cost of education.
So glad I spent 4 years working in Africa and pulling a job since I was 14 and all through school. I don't care if I don't get into med school til I'm 29. If you don't have some struggles and troubles along the way, I doubt you'll ever fully appreciate what you have.

Very well said. I totally agree.