retaking part 1 query

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello friends...i had taken part 1 with new format in feb and now want to retake it as i got low score. but it seems that even if we apply to the national board right now, we wont hear from them until 90 days and can make and appointment only after that. that means i cant even make an appointment until may end...anyone else with me??? im really worried whether i will be able to get a date for the exam then and make it in time for this year's application.
plz help friends...any suggestions???

Members don't see this ad.

I have already taken Part 2 last week. I took Part 1 last year.
My advice: take it again as soon as you can and then apply to universities. If you are not admitted this year and your Part 1 score is over 80-85, take Part 2 as soon as you can and then apply again to programs.
Good luck!

thank you so much for ur reply, but i have already sent an application for retaking part 1 as i was not aware that i could not make an appointment either. i was just intending to make an appointment after 90 days, and also my score isnt good so i will need to retake the exam. i jusat hope i can get an appointment for sometime in june so i can make it for this year...
thanks again for ur response and wish u good luck too