Retaking PCAT

Started by PharmMnM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmMnM

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad to take the PCAT many times? I am not ready for this Octobers PCAT but I have to take it. If I do bad and take it over many times, will it effect my application much?
 
You should probably check with your specific school(s) of interest. Mine, however (Ferris State) will let you take it as many times as you like and takes the highest score.
 
Is it bad to take the PCAT many times? I am not ready for this Octobers PCAT but I have to take it. If I do bad and take it over many times, will it effect my application much?

So far, I have not heard that it matters. The first time I took it - I scored a 79. I am skipping the october PCAT, and will take it in January. That way if I dont get in this year - I can focus on the June PCAT for the beginning of the next cycle. The most I have heard of though is 3 times around for the PCAT
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad