Darkskies

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am a junior at college majoring in Genetics(B.S.) and minoring in Spanish. I was not really as motivated as I should have been my first two years at college but now I am definitely steering in the direction of wanting to go to medical school. I've posted a couple of times before and I was under the impression that if I did poorly in one or more of my prereq science classes(C-) then I could somewhat offset this by getting As in upper level science classes. I was planning on using my upper level Biology classes for doing this but I just read somewhere else that the prereqs are given more weight and that I absolutely need to have higher than a C in them to even be considered for med school. Is this true? If so, should I repeat those classes(physics)?
Thanks for reading and I appreciate all replies!

JeetKuneDo

10+ Year Member
Oct 25, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am a junior at college majoring in Genetics(B.S.) and minoring in Spanish. I was not really as motivated as I should have been my first two years at college but now I am definitely steering in the direction of wanting to go to medical school. I've posted a couple of times before and I was under the impression that if I did poorly in one or more of my prereq science classes(C-) then I could somewhat offset this by getting As in upper level science classes. I was planning on using my upper level Biology classes for doing this but I just read somewhere else that the prereqs are given more weight and that I absolutely need to have higher than a C in them to even be considered for med school. Is this true? If so, should I repeat those classes(physics)?
Thanks for reading and I appreciate all replies!

If you have time, you should probably retake. I don't think that they will weight your whole application on one C- in physics though. You should be ok even w/o a retake if you have a very high gpa in your other pre reqs and bcpm classes.

Darkskies

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Thanks for your reply but are the prereq course grades weighted more heavily than other BCPM classes or not? Any other opinions? I would really appreciate more responses.. Thanks!

Last edited:
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.