Retaking the DAT with a 22AA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postpitadh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're crazy.

Your dat isn't the problem, it's your gpa. Take more classes and volunteer more.

Reactions: 5 users
Retaking with a 22? Come on don't that to yourself. Look at the bigger picture and realize the DAT isn't everything. If you're really that worried I'd take cacajuate's advice.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waste of time, energy, and money. The amount of time you're spending on the retake could be put toward improving other parts of your application.

Reactions: 6 users
Dental schools will probably ask why you did that instead of bettering your gpa with more classes. Makes it look like you don't know how to manage your time well. Don't focus on making your strengths stronger, focus on making your weaknesses strong. Dental schools are looking for the whole package, after all.

Reactions: 1 user
Interesting to see the responses here. I'm also retaking with 22AA and 20PAT. My PAT was fairly low for the school I am applying to (UBC) and people with 1 score higher on the PAT (with same GPA as me) received an interview whereas I did not, so that is my reason for retaking. I don't see it too much as a waste of time, it's mostly review and polishing up the areas where you're weak-- and less costly then spending another year of undergrad with $400 per course to boost your GPA. But Canadian schools are a bit different since they only care about your numbers pre-interview (don't ask for EC's, recs) so I do think the responses here probably resonate some truth, but I still wouldn't go far as to say it's a complete waste of time.

Retaking with a 22? Come on don't that to yourself. Look at the bigger picture and realize the DAT isn't everything. If you're really that worried I'd take cacajuate's advice.
Mores like, don't do DAT. Heh, I'm hilarious.

Reactions: 2 users