retaking the OAT - advice needed

carolinev

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a little desperate, so I thought I would turn to this forum for some help.

I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to study 8 hours a day for this test. I want this so badly, yet I struggle to focus on studying for an extended amount of time for something so ambiguous. What did you all do to stay focussed and motivated?

Also, last time I used Chad's videos and I found them to be really helpful, however, I think that by the time I finished all the videos, I had forgotten the material from the beginning sections. By that time it was time to take the OAT so i couldn't review all the material. SIGH.

Should I purchase any other study materials besides Chad's videos? Which would be better - OAT Destroyer or Crack the OAT?

Physics & QR were my lowest sections. I did horribly on these and found myself christmas treeing most of the questions. What study material should I use for these sections??

Any help is appreciated.

xx

Members don't see this ad.

I only used Chad and did well on my oat. I printed his note and write down anything else that missing while watching the video. Then I did the quiz for that section right away and mark the one I got wrong. Then I rewrite the note another time. I learnt by writing down things so it works for me pretty well. I did the quiz twice to make sure I got them down.

I'm worried about staying motivated and keeping to a study plan too. That's why I enrolled in Kaplan. You could also make a study plan with someone else so you guys can keep each other on track.

I only used Chad and did well on my oat. I printed his note and write down anything else that missing while watching the video. Then I did the quiz for that section right away and mark the one I got wrong. Then I rewrite the note another time. I learnt by writing down things so it works for me pretty well. I did the quiz twice to make sure I got them down.
So you didn't use anything else, even for the QR section?

Chad has QR section as well. I watched and practiced those too. The only thing I think Chad is not good is biology which I make up by reading my all biology note.