Retaking the OAT.

pienfoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, For those of you who took the OAT a second time, did you spend significantly more time preparing for the second test and did you feel that the second test was representative of the first one? (do u think it's easier or harder?) Im taking my second one next monday and reeeeally need to score higher than I did last time (330aa 340ts) or else it'd be pointless to take it. Any study tips would be great thanks : )

Members don't see this ad.

I did think that both times were similar.. especially biology. I had better confidence in the chemistry sections which made me have average to above average scores in them. Reading comp-- i think they duplicated the content which made it the same as last time but they put the harder passage last, i think. By that time, my attention span was waning, i feel.
To prep for the future, i think i will read more science related articles before going in...
I think Biology was tougher for me and i think i was confident in the first half of physics (was even making good time) but then marked a lot of them which then made me lose confidence when i can't answer right on the spot.

Good luck to you!