retina fellowship in aborad for indian students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i,m doing clinical vitreo retina fellowship in india, want to ve some experience outside india also , do we need to give any exam? which? how about the surgical chances? Canada or US or UK or any other country? which one wud be better? can some body help me?

Members don't see this ad.

i,m doing clinical vitreo retina fellowship in india, want to ve some experience outside india also , do we need to give any exam? which? how about the surgical chances? Canada or US or UK or any other country? which one wud be better? can some body help me?

Someone I respect once said the best fellowship is the one you get. That is largely true.

Applying from India, I don't know how easy it would be to get the necessary visa in the USA, but plenty of Indian residents seem to manage. Your problem might be with programs that expect you to be able to obtain a license in the state where you are doing your training. Without at least an internship year (and in some places a whole residency) in the USA, you might have difficulty qualifying for the license. You would likely also have to take the general boards examination required of all doctors in the USA.

I know of at least one doctor from the USA who was not yet licensed for having not completed his Step 3 examination who managed to get a retina fellowship in the UK, at Moorfields, no less. So go figure.