Return of the 'Truth about SRMC, or now known as SRU'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Truth Betold

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"To all those who really want the truth,
I don't know what part of the SRMC College Mr.Souvik Sen attends, but it’s not a true description of SRMC & RI in my opinion. For those students who have interest in medicine from the USA, this is not the college for you if you ask me. I joined SRMC straight out of high school under impression how different can college in India be. I was certainly in for a shock.
In this message I plan on setting the truth straight on many topics for those who need to know the truth, so they don't make the same mistake that I have

1. grading system
 - The biggest difference between the academic world of the USA and India is that in India all grading is subjective. This means that regardless how correct an individual may be, it does not matter because it is left to the subjectivity of the professor grading your paper.
- ex. - in my first year of college the first examination I had was call an internal examination ( the portions being a whole system within the body) the exam has 10 questions(2 essays(15 pts each) and 8 short notes(5 pts each) and 30 multiple choice questions(MCQ's, 1 pt each). After receiving my score I felt I had been wronged in terms of the grading. I was then informed of the most outrageous information. the professor told me that even though I had written the right answer, the most points a student could get was 4 pts out of 5 pts short noteand with an essay the most being 13 pts out of 15 pts. When I asked why I was told that there is no way that I could have written a perfect answer (or that matter any student). I was very confused by this method of grading. So if you look at the whole out of a possible 100 pts one is being graded out of, the highest you could get is 88 pts. in order to pass any exam in India one must get 50% or higher. If you are confused by this, don’t worry I still am as well

2. Quality of education
 -For students from the USA, all of you (as did I) will realize how spoiled you were to have the teachers you did in high school. I can not comment on the quality of education in an American college as I have not attended one. NONE of the professors in SRMC have degrees in teaching at all. Don’t get me wrong now, the professors are all very smart and knowledgeable but outside of a select few none of them have a clue on how to teach a class. A majority of them don’t even teach, they just copy the text book on to an overhead projection and read it out loud. I don’t know about you but I could do same thing and I don’t consider myself a professor( to think I paid all that money for this caliber of teaching)
 -In my personal opinion I have not learned a damn thing from my professors in SRMC. All the studying & learning done was by me on my own in my room. The people who helped me the most would have to be the students that were senior to me. Without them I have no clue how I would made out med school in India
 -Now I know all of the students from the USA are a bit pampered in the sense they have not had to deal with extreme weather conditions. I struggled the first couple of years with the heat in India. And NO the classrooms were not air conditioned. All a fan does is rotate hot stale air. But for those who choose not to heed this warning you are in luck as SRMC has just recently air conditioned a majority of its classrooms. But when you hit your clinical years, touch luck, the hospital is not air conditioned.
 -oh yeah, on a odd note, all the guys sit on one side of the class room and girls sit on the other (just weird)
3. student rights
 -As this may not seem to be an important topic while thinking about what college you are going to attend. When it comes to SRMC it REALLY matters.
 -Since the college is a ‘deemed’ university, they have total autonomy over everything and I mean everything.
-Examples
-The college looks down upon students who relationships with the opposite sex and it has long been felt that students have been failed for this reason (remember grading system is subjective)
-There is a curfew for all students regardless of age (doesn’t matter if you have an undergraduate degree, they don’t care). This is if you stay on campus
-If a professor decides to pick on you in class or on rounds, you will have to swallow your pride, because if you respond back you can guarantee that you will be failed on purpose (this is a fact). And when I say picked on, I mean I been dogged just for the fact I am from USA , nothing else (words cannot do justice to my displeasure)
-By the end of your tenure in SRMC you will learn, in order to get through college in India, you better leave your pride at home and work on your brown nosing skills
 -Just to make things clear – ‘YOU AS A STUDENT IN SRMC HAVE NO RIGHTS’
4. occupancy
 -there are no co-ed dorms for any you that had other plans
 -If you are a male student that stays in the hostel (the Indian terminology for dorms) there are no TV’s. there are TV rooms which are not air conditioned and are very uncomfortable for one to watch TV
 -Female students have TV’s in their own rooms, but their room size is considerably smaller
 -Each NRI has their own room, with its own bathroom and air conditioning facilities
-This means you must buy your own A/C and have it installed
-You are given a desk, a cot, and metal closet
 -If you live in the hostel that usually means the majority of the food you will be eating is on campus.
-In order to eat at the NRI mess, one must walk about a half a mile each way (this is if you don’t have bike or a car)
-The food served at NRI mess if not even fit for a animal to eat, let alone it be a human
 -In order to get to college from the hostel you must walk about three quarters of a mile (no transport will provided for you regardless of weather conditions(try walking to class during monsoon season))
5. outlets
 -beside basketball and weight lifting there are no real outlets for NRI students on campus available on daily basis, so get ready to bored out of your mind(literally); and for females there are really no outlets period.
-In end the reason I write this as a message of good will. I don’t want anyone to go through what I went through just because they didn’t know. Going to college in SRMC is not cheap, it cost me $100,000 dollars up front cash. The only saving grace of SRMC is that I have met a lot good people that I expect to be my friends for life, but truth be told if I had a chance to do it again there is no way in hell would I go to SRMC knowing what I know now."

All of the above was my original post over two years ago. I know many people tried hard to tear down what i had said earlier, saying that it was an exaggeration of the truth, blah, blah.....BULLSH&T...i can only talk from my experience. People will once again try to tear down what i have to say again, i challenge those people to disprove everything i said, not bits and pieces....they cant, cuz ultimately, it is what it is. But i put this up again after talking to some of my junior friends who have since graduated and they tell me they couldnt wait to get out of there. so once again i make return after two year gap in hopes i can enlighten some young people who are at point in their life where they need to make a decision that dictates they next 5-6 yrs of their life.

Members don't see this ad.

which year did you graduate?...it cant b tat horrible now...then again it can..hmm

haha im 03 batch, not in srmc but in KIMS in bangalore and his dorm situation seems like a five star hotel compared to our 3 people per room with the possibility of a working fan and the communal toilet and showering facilities... but yeah we don't have NRI dorms... but pretty much everything he said still holds true... unfortunately... Props to u for telling it how it is Truth betold

Members don't see this ad :)
dude this is a college n not a hotel...........wen u go n c other med colleges in india u will know how gr8 srmc is .......a student shud not expect 5 star treatment in coll.........no other college has such gr8 hostel facilities.....food is awesome.......gud entertainment.........and cumon u have single rooms.....wereas other colleges have shared rooms........u have ac class rooms..........wat else do u need ???......if u need 5 star treatment y did u cum 2 india then 2 study?>????...go 2 ur f**kin country n study......u will regret 4 talkin ill abt such a gr8 college

dude this is a college n not a hotel...........wen u go n c other med colleges in india u will know how gr8 srmc is .......a student shud not expect 5 star treatment in coll.........no other college has such gr8 hostel facilities.....food is awesome.......gud entertainment.........and cumon u have single rooms.....wereas other colleges have shared rooms........u have ac class rooms..........wat else do u need ???......if u need 5 star treatment y did u cum 2 india then 2 study?>????...go 2 ur f**kin country n study......u will regret 4 talkin ill abt such a gr8 college

first off, u apparently didn't read the part where i said this thread was for students who were coming from the USA to study medicine in SRMC. Don't make it sound like the college doing favors for anyone...they ask for 125000 - 150000 US dollars as tuition. Making comparisons with other medical college in india and saying SRMC is better is like saying urine tastes better that feces...most people don't want to try either. so 'namrata', maybe if your insecure dumba$$ realizes that i'm not saying anything bad about india, rather the college i went to, u'd get your head out of your a$$...and by the way, don't talk about my country u third world piece of ****

"To all those who really want the truth,
I don't know what part of the SRMC College Mr.Souvik Sen attends, but it's not a true description of SRMC & RI in my opinion. For those students who have interest in medicine from the USA, this is not the college for you if you ask me. I joined SRMC straight out of high school under impression how different can college in India be. I was certainly in for a shock.
In this message I plan on setting the truth straight on many topics for those who need to know the truth, so they don't make the same mistake that I have

1. grading system
 - The biggest difference between the academic world of the USA and India is that in India all grading is subjective. This means that regardless how correct an individual may be, it does not matter because it is left to the subjectivity of the professor grading your paper.
- ex. - in my first year of college the first examination I had was call an internal examination ( the portions being a whole system within the body) the exam has 10 questions(2 essays(15 pts each) and 8 short notes(5 pts each) and 30 multiple choice questions(MCQ's, 1 pt each). After receiving my score I felt I had been wronged in terms of the grading. I was then informed of the most outrageous information. the professor told me that even though I had written the right answer, the most points a student could get was 4 pts out of 5 pts short noteand with an essay the most being 13 pts out of 15 pts. When I asked why I was told that there is no way that I could have written a perfect answer (or that matter any student). I was very confused by this method of grading. So if you look at the whole out of a possible 100 pts one is being graded out of, the highest you could get is 88 pts. in order to pass any exam in India one must get 50% or higher. If you are confused by this, don't worry I still am as well

2. Quality of education
 -For students from the USA, all of you (as did I) will realize how spoiled you were to have the teachers you did in high school. I can not comment on the quality of education in an American college as I have not attended one. NONE of the professors in SRMC have degrees in teaching at all. Don't get me wrong now, the professors are all very smart and knowledgeable but outside of a select few none of them have a clue on how to teach a class. A majority of them don't even teach, they just copy the text book on to an overhead projection and read it out loud. I don't know about you but I could do same thing and I don't consider myself a professor( to think I paid all that money for this caliber of teaching)
 -In my personal opinion I have not learned a damn thing from my professors in SRMC. All the studying & learning done was by me on my own in my room. The people who helped me the most would have to be the students that were senior to me. Without them I have no clue how I would made out med school in India
 -Now I know all of the students from the USA are a bit pampered in the sense they have not had to deal with extreme weather conditions. I struggled the first couple of years with the heat in India. And NO the classrooms were not air conditioned. All a fan does is rotate hot stale air. But for those who choose not to heed this warning you are in luck as SRMC has just recently air conditioned a majority of its classrooms. But when you hit your clinical years, touch luck, the hospital is not air conditioned.
 -oh yeah, on a odd note, all the guys sit on one side of the class room and girls sit on the other (just weird)
3. student rights
 -As this may not seem to be an important topic while thinking about what college you are going to attend. When it comes to SRMC it REALLY matters.
 -Since the college is a ‘deemed' university, they have total autonomy over everything and I mean everything.
-Examples
-The college looks down upon students who relationships with the opposite sex and it has long been felt that students have been failed for this reason (remember grading system is subjective)
-There is a curfew for all students regardless of age (doesn't matter if you have an undergraduate degree, they don't care). This is if you stay on campus
-If a professor decides to pick on you in class or on rounds, you will have to swallow your pride, because if you respond back you can guarantee that you will be failed on purpose (this is a fact). And when I say picked on, I mean I been dogged just for the fact I am from USA , nothing else (words cannot do justice to my displeasure)
-By the end of your tenure in SRMC you will learn, in order to get through college in India, you better leave your pride at home and work on your brown nosing skills
 -Just to make things clear – ‘YOU AS A STUDENT IN SRMC HAVE NO RIGHTS'
4. occupancy
 -there are no co-ed dorms for any you that had other plans
 -If you are a male student that stays in the hostel (the Indian terminology for dorms) there are no TV's. there are TV rooms which are not air conditioned and are very uncomfortable for one to watch TV
 -Female students have TV's in their own rooms, but their room size is considerably smaller
 -Each NRI has their own room, with its own bathroom and air conditioning facilities
-This means you must buy your own A/C and have it installed
-You are given a desk, a cot, and metal closet
 -If you live in the hostel that usually means the majority of the food you will be eating is on campus.
-In order to eat at the NRI mess, one must walk about a half a mile each way (this is if you don't have bike or a car)
-The food served at NRI mess if not even fit for a animal to eat, let alone it be a human
 -In order to get to college from the hostel you must walk about three quarters of a mile (no transport will provided for you regardless of weather conditions(try walking to class during monsoon season))
5. outlets
 -beside basketball and weight lifting there are no real outlets for NRI students on campus available on daily basis, so get ready to bored out of your mind(literally); and for females there are really no outlets period.
-In end the reason I write this as a message of good will. I don't want anyone to go through what I went through just because they didn't know. Going to college in SRMC is not cheap, it cost me $100,000 dollars up front cash. The only saving grace of SRMC is that I have met a lot good people that I expect to be my friends for life, but truth be told if I had a chance to do it again there is no way in hell would I go to SRMC knowing what I know now."

All of the above was my original post over two years ago. I know many people tried hard to tear down what i had said earlier, saying that it was an exaggeration of the truth, blah, blah.....BULLSH&T...i can only talk from my experience. People will once again try to tear down what i have to say again, i challenge those people to disprove everything i said, not bits and pieces....they cant, cuz ultimately, it is what it is. But i put this up again after talking to some of my junior friends who have since graduated and they tell me they couldnt wait to get out of there. so once again i make return after two year gap in hopes i can enlighten some young people who are at point in their life where they need to make a decision that dictates they next 5-6 yrs of their life.

Boss, does srmc have financial aid like manipal for US nationals?

what are the chances of getting into a residency (any residency, not necessarily a good one) without any additional training for the USMLE right after graduating from srmc?

what are the chances of getting into a residency (any residency, not necessarily a good one) without any additional training for the USMLE right after graduating from srmc?

whether u get additional training or not, your chances of landing a residency is still heavily tied with your USMLE scores

okay..and im guessing srmc doesnt prepare you for that..am i right?

Members don't see this ad :)
first off, u apparently didn't read the part where i said this thread was for students who were coming from the USA to study medicine in SRMC. Don't make it sound like the college doing favors for anyone...they ask for 125000 - 150000 US dollars as tuition. Making comparisons with other medical college in india and saying SRMC is better is like saying urine tastes better that feces...most people don't want to try either. so 'namrata', maybe if your insecure dumba$$ realizes that i'm not saying anything bad about india, rather the college i went to, u'd get your head out of your a$$...and by the way, don't talk about my country u third world piece of ****

Beat and MJ would have been proud... :laugh: You know who this is bro... Third world piece of ****... :laugh: You have'nt changed a bit! Talk to ya later...

I want to do dental in srmc, is this the worst idea?

hey, that's a lot better, moreover, srmc is money's worth. come to my college and you'll know .............. others are a 1000 times worse. and you came to srmc 'coz you coul'nt get thro' mcat

hey, that's a lot better, moreover, srmc is money's worth. come to my college and you'll know .............. others are a 1000 times worse. and you came to srmc 'coz you coul'nt get thro' mcat

If your medical school was worse than what i went through, i feel sorry for you. As for u thinking i went to srmc as result of my inabilities to get through my MCATs, you r very ignorant to make such a comment. I went srmc straight from high school, so i never took the MCATs. i have been warned not use inappropriate language in this forum, otherwise u would have a long line of explicits come your way!!!

I want to do dental in srmc, is this the worst idea?

i don't want to comment on something i didn't go through...u'd have ask someone who went to bds...sorry

Are you kidding? Why would anyone go there if it costs that much? I mean, there are plenty of places in the carib and others where you could get an education - or you can go to India in one of the non-NRI colleges and it would be so much cheaper.

you are right about the Caribbean...i didnt do my research back then, and thus things worked out the way they did

hey, i know that pretty well ...... wat i meant is you could'nt have got thro' ..

hey, i know that pretty well ...... wat i meant is you could'nt have got thro' ..

ok...so u r saying i couldn't have gotten through the MCATs if i had taken them....hmmm, but by some stroke of luck i did well on my USMLEs...u must have missed the line when god was handing out common sense.

Oh SRMC.. SRMC...
everyone has their own experience here, all of which a are different...
I'm currently an MBBS student here, from Los Angeles..

i'm going to get to the point, for everyone who wants to know about this college, alot has been said already that is really absurd by TruthBeTold, damn he must of been thru hell here or whatever... anyways here i go::

Ragging? - haha no NRI will ever get ragged, that never happens here, more likely to the locals here but even that is so stupid, it will be like " go dance" or "get that girls number" But i have yet to hear an NRI go thru even that.

Local Vs NRI Drama "backstabbing": again, no. If your a good friend to others then you have no problem.. its the same as back home.. no one is out to screw you over, theres no backstabbing nonsense... what the hell is TruthbeTold talking about... most NRI's usually hang out with each other since we all live in the same block, but yeah no problem with the local people there all chill, as well. Only funny thing is... gossip... haha that will spread like wildfire people love to talk here about anything, like "oh i heard she's dating that guy or whatver" stupid things like that whatever its india.. thats how we all are lol

Room/Hostel/Internet/Food: As an NRI you will live in the NRI Block. What does that mean?
- good size room with an attached bathroom and a cot and a desk and a place to put your ac
- so your gonna need to buy your essentials A/C, Fridge, Microwave etc.. other people have TV's, Sofas, and i think someone even has a bar in there room lol, you can really deck out your room to whatver you like.. but the 1st day you get there damn its so depressing looking when its all empty, but whatver fix it up and you will be good to go
- Internet: as of 2005 we now have internet capablities. 15K rupees a month get you pretty slow internet and its wired not wifi so your not sharing. Keep in mind that somedays it will go off and on.. ahh gets frustrating but whatever we need are internet right? 1 song = 4-5 mintues.
- Food: ughh dosas, rice, idly, etc all day every day yay! haha what can i say we dont have the best options here, the mess will get old to you quick, pizza hut is here now. Dominos, Subway there too. Food is always an issue here so limited choices, but theres always good resturants in the city...
- Power outages? - hell yea haha.. damn it gets annoying sometimes it always happens during the most incovient times to like when were studying for an exam or what not. Get used to it. I usually just go to the city when that happens and for it to come on..
----> oh yea need to mention this... we have warden's, there really harmless but annoying has hell sometimes. Curfew is at 9:30pm but theres many ways to get bypass that.. but hostel life can get annoying sometimes, if you cant deal with it theres always the option of getting an apt outside, again not a big deal...

Classes/Grading/Teachers:
- classes: they just built new ones in 2005 so anyone who attended here before that time basically went thru hell, TruthbeTold ill give you that ( in there time that had a dinky ass class room with like a fan). The new classes rooms are basically a class room in a theather style format umm around 150 seats or so and theres A/C and most lectures are done with a teacher presting on a powerpoint
- Teachers - im going to keep it simple. Some are good some are bad, some are gonna make you wanna kill yourself some you will learn from.. we all went to high school we know how it is, all teachers are different
-Grading: i cant explain this, really weird here but basically if you read and study properly you will pass. In a nutshell, You get what you put in. I can go on and on, theres alot of bull**** but it all comes down to how well you have read.

Campus Life:
- No Clubs, no Alpha beta Gamma and all that, pretty much boring.... but theres always basketball, tennis, soccer, and of course cricket or you can go take a jog.
-Usually it happens out side of campus things to do like movies, theres a new mall where people go umm resturants, clubs, bars, etc.. traveling is annoying here obviously but if you leave the right timings you will be okay traffic wise.

Fees: when i joined i was 100k dollars, now its like somethings absurd 150k? (dollars weak blah) or some nonsense like that. Choice is yours. Alot of people come here because of there parents.. you can just send your kid here and in 6 years hope to make them a doctor.. you gotta have some passion to become one, or you will not like it here at all.

I gave you guys some Pro's and Con's.. i'll try to get some pics here when i get a chance... Any other questions or anything lemme know :)

hahah, i love it he makes it seem like an indian jail and **** here.
two options here:
1) dont go to class that day, most people dont because the city gets flooded and those local's get make it.
2) get a ride from somone.

If someone can only use abusive words and cannot actually carry on a good debate you know he lost!! Trust me TBT is a whiner.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=182668

Here are some useful comments on the school. Do your own search ppl... don't trust someone on the board... hwo knows he may even be a competitor trying to pull down the school's name. But this guy has a record... :rolleyes:

If someone can only use abusive words and cannot actually carry on a good debate you know he lost!! Trust me TBT is a whiner.

Here are some useful comments on the school. Do your own search ppl... don't trust someone on the board... hwo knows he may even be a competitor trying to pull down the school's name. But this guy has a record... :rolleyes:

wow, u guys just keep coming out of the woodworks...if u noticed i just returned the abuse to the people who are basically trying to do a talk bad about me or discredit in ways that are abusive as well. They want to spit the hate, then i have no qualms volleying it back....
and if maybe u shouldn't talk because i am talking about MBBS course, u are a dental student...i said i dont know about the BDS course as u dont know about the MBBS course....and what's this record u are talking about?
if u guys want to consider me a whiner, go ahead. u want to go to college there, its your money and your life, go ahead....but remember i what i said, my post has to do with students coming from the US not totally understanding how things work in SRMC

hahah, i love it he makes it seem like an indian jail and **** here.
two options here:
1) dont go to class that day, most people dont because the city gets flooded and those local's get make it.
2) get a ride from somone.

u make some very valid points, as things have probably changed to some degree from my time there....but dont u think it is absurd, that the college still has class on days when there no viable way for everyone in class to make it to class? Its like u lose attendance as a result of mother nature....seems like a stupid reason to me. if u have car obviously this isn't a problem, but if u dont....happy trekking

wow, u guys just keep coming out of the woodworks...if u noticed i just returned the abuse to the people who are basically trying to do a talk bad about me or discredit in ways that are abusive as well. They want to spit the hate, then i have no qualms volleying it back....
and if maybe u shouldn't talk because i am talking about MBBS course, u are a dental student...i said i dont know about the BDS course as u dont know about the MBBS course....and what's this record u are talking about?
if u guys want to consider me a whiner, go ahead. u want to go to college there, its your money and your life, go ahead....but remember i what i said, my post has to do with students coming from the US not totally understanding how things work in SRMC

I was and am a dental student. How do you know that I don't know about the MBBS course? I have had classes with the same instructors and in the same classrooms that MBBS students have had. No one is spitting hate. Why call someone a third world piece of ****? It seems pretty derrogatory and uncalled for. Trust me I see the same childishness, the same "backstabbing" here in the US as in India. You are going to face that anywhere in the world. Heck, I have seen professors who are unethical in the US!! Oh yeah, most instructors in India don't have teaching degrees, agreed. But all instructors here have teaching degrees and still some suck at teaching. There are some great instructors here but so are there in India as well. I can go on and on. But the picture you have painted is something you put up with in any school. Life is unfair. The only thing that may be different is that US is probably much cleaner and has more facilities (like transport) than India. But shouldn't you be knowing that before you go there? Like you said isn't it a third world country :rolleyes:???
I am really sorry that you have had a bad experience at SRMC.
To the others: there are students who love their experience and some who detest theirs. It is upto you to go and find out for yourself. The OP is right in one way - if you are an ABCD - you will be an FOB in India. Just the way we foreigners are here. I am not all for trying the "easy" route by finishing med/dental school in India and getting your licensure in the US :rolleyes:. Things are always hard in a new place. It is upto you to suck it up and adjust.
P.S. The record I am talking about - you are here only to trash SRMC... anything else?

I was and am a dental student. How do you know that I don't know about the MBBS course? I have had classes with the same instructors and in the same classrooms that MBBS students have had. No one is spitting hate. Why call someone a third world piece of ****? It seems pretty derrogatory and uncalled for. Trust me I see the same childishness, the same "backstabbing" here in the US as in India. You are going to face that anywhere in the world. Heck, I have seen professors who are unethical in the US!! Oh yeah, most instructors in India don't have teaching degrees, agreed. But all instructors here have teaching degrees and still some suck at teaching. There are some great instructors here but so are there in India as well. I can go on and on. But the picture you have painted is something you put up with in any school. Life is unfair. The only thing that may be different is that US is probably much cleaner and has more facilities (like transport) than India. But shouldn't you be knowing that before you go there? Like you said isn't it a third world country :rolleyes:???
I am really sorry that you have had a bad experience at SRMC.
To the others: there are students who love their experience and some who detest theirs. It is upto you to go and find out for yourself. The OP is right in one way - if you are an ABCD - you will be an FOB in India. Just the way we foreigners are here. I am not all for trying the "easy" route by finishing med/dental school in India and getting your licensure in the US :rolleyes:. Things are always hard in a new place. It is upto you to suck it up and adjust.
P.S. The record I am talking about - you are here only to trash SRMC... anything else?

ok..first of all, as dental student, u may have classes with the same professors and classrooms as the MBBS students for the paraclinical years. once the clinical years start you have no clue what is like for the MBBS students, as i know this as i had many friends who were in BDS during my time. You have no rotations like the MBBS students. As for the comment , "third world piece of ****", that was made to someone who made a disparaging remark to me and the country i consider i call my home, so i took offense to it and hence i returned the service. I never said things like backstabbing don't go on in the USA, but students from the US know the nature of the beast here, as you probably know the nature of the beast there. If you problems with the way you were and are being treated here, put a post up in a forum about American medical schools, residencies, dental programs or whatever is appropriate....this is not the forum for it. NOTICE how the forum is titled India. And yeah there some students who loved their experience there, but i can tell the majority of the NRI students there hated it. And once again i said i intended my original post to be for NRI students from the USA. As for this so called 'record' as u put it, i don't what you are talking about...the truth is what it is...and if the truth doesn't sound kind, that ain't my fault.

Hey Truth buddy
You may have a point that your school didnt provide what they promised but ultimately, its your fault that you hadnt done your homework before making one of the most important decisions in your life.You expected US experience in India. ITS YOUR FAULT. Blaming Indian system for it is childish. Indian educational system has its short comings but take it from someone who went through it and made to a sought after fellowship here in the US(and thousands like me)-if you are even average and ready to work hard,you can make it. No professor can fail you if you are good enough. You failed to mention that these professors who grade your written exams atleast grade unmarked answer sheets and that they have some guidelines on which they base these grades. And living conditions-if you are ready to spend you can live as you want to and much cheaper(I don’t know about your school-I don’t even know where it is).I shared a house with a couple of friends-and what amenities we wanted there was up to us.
Looks like you have an axe to grind. But remember YOU decided to go there and be with those “thirdworld ****(I am sure even you are product of two of those and is still considered one amongst your average countryman)Afterall all you weren’t good enough to make to a medical school here.

Hey Truth buddy
You may have a point that your school didnt provide what they promised but ultimately, its your fault that you hadnt done your homework before making one of the most important decisions in your life.You expected US experience in India. ITS YOUR FAULT. Blaming Indian system for it is childish. Indian educational system has its short comings but take it from someone who went through it and made to a sought after fellowship here in the US(and thousands like me)-if you are even average and ready to work hard,you can make it. No professor can fail you if you are good enough. You failed to mention that these professors who grade your written exams atleast grade unmarked answer sheets and that they have some guidelines on which they base these grades. And living conditions-if you are ready to spend you can live as you want to and much cheaper(I don’t know about your school-I don’t even know where it is).I shared a house with a couple of friends-and what amenities we wanted there was up to us.
Looks like you have an axe to grind. But remember YOU decided to go there and be with those “thirdworld ****(I am sure even you are product of two of those and is still considered one amongst your average countryman)Afterall all you weren’t good enough to make to a medical school here.

The fact i chose to go there and the fact i didn't do my research about the school is my fault, agreed. I did visit the college for a month before i joined, but that was not very insightful as i learned later on. So on this much i agree with you.
As for living outside with friends in an apartment in Chennai - it is more expensive and people don't want to rent out place to young bachelors in Chennai.
I didn't blame the indian system, rather called it what it is. As for the guidelines to grading 'unmarked' test papers, the guidelines are subjective. As for you saying, 'No professor can fail you if you are good enough', that is not true. I know tons of my students who were failed for reasons that had nothing to do with knowledge of the subject material...remember SRMC is a deemed college, they total control of the grading process. As for unmarked test papers, once again SRMC gives out ID numbers which they know which student is which and anonymity factor goes out the window.
As for the third word comment, that was meant for the person who said something to me. If you or anyone else felt offended by it, i apologize, but once again i directed it toward only one individual. Some of closest friends who i still have contact with are from there, so this not how i view all the people there.
Finally do not project, and tell me that i wasn't good enough to make into medical school here. I gonna tell you this once, when you say things directly in that manner to me, you are asking for a retaliation. So i would suggest you and to others if you want to make comments about the post, please do. You make remarks against me, i am gonna say somethings that you wouldn't like. I went to medical school straight from high school, so i don't know if i would have gotten in medical school here, never had the need or the oppurtunity. Do not project about things you do no know. I have not even mentioned the fact how you are talking about my post when you didn't even go to SRMC (you dont even know where it is). Notice how i said about SRMC, not other colleges, i don't about other colleges, maybe they have a better experience...ultimately, i don't know about it to talk about, just like you don't know about SRMC and shouldn't talk about it either.

ok..first of all, as dental student, u may have classes with the same professors and classrooms as the MBBS students for the paraclinical years. once the clinical years start you have no clue what is like for the MBBS students, as i know this as i had many friends who were in BDS during my time. You have no rotations like the MBBS students. As for the comment , "third world piece of ****", that was made to someone who made a disparaging remark to me and the country i consider i call my home, so i took offense to it and hence i returned the service. I never said things like backstabbing don't go on in the USA, but students from the US know the nature of the beast here, as you probably know the nature of the beast there. If you problems with the way you were and are being treated here, put a post up in a forum about American medical schools, residencies, dental programs or whatever is appropriate....this is not the forum for it. NOTICE how the forum is titled India. And yeah there some students who loved their experience there, but i can tell the majority of the NRI students there hated it. And once again i said i intended my original post to be for NRI students from the USA. As for this so called 'record' as u put it, i don't what you are talking about...the truth is what it is...and if the truth doesn't sound kind, that ain't my fault.

I am not a whiny baby like... I understand there are differences and don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Good luck with your life...:rolleyes:

I am not a whiny baby like... I understand there are differences and don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Good luck with your life...:rolleyes:

your lack of a rebuttal and rhetoric statements tells me you ultimately have no answer to the truth i spoke...which is often the case when someone is proven wrong:p

Can someone doing or that has done med school at SRMC pls private message PM me on this website?
I live in Illinois and am considering going to SRMC in 2008.
Kris

Truth Betold,

Why did you go to India to study medicine? Is it because your parents from the third world s*** (the Indian country you are referring to) wanted you to be a doctor and paid 100k.

Truth Betold,

Why did you go to India to study medicine? Is it because your parents from the third world s*** (the Indian country you are referring to) wanted you to be a doctor and paid 100k.

What is it the point of your question? Or is it, you are just trying to illicit a response from me? Because if you want one, I'd be more than happy to oblige

The point is if you havent paid that much money and studied in India, you wouldnt be bragging in the US as DOCTOR and whinig about India

The point is if you havent paid that much money and studied in India, you wouldnt be bragging in the US as DOCTOR and whinig about India

You know, the funny thing is, its people like you who help facilitate the B.S. the college spews. First off, i don't brag about being a doctor, there is more to me as an individual than being a doctor. Its not the definition of my character, its just what i do for a living. Maybe being a doctor is the greatest thing that happened to you, but don't claim the same for everyone else. You may consider it whining about India, but my question to you is very simple...If India is so great and if i am such a crybaby, why are you and all the other individuals who are coming at me either in the USA or on line trying to come to US? As for paying the money and studying India, i have already repeatedly admitted that was mistake on my behalf, so u aren't really making a point. And instead of saying I'm whining actually make a rebuttal to what i said in the original post with some facts or otherwise keep quiet.

love the arguments.. let it goo everyone..
happy Christmas eve guys

Truth Betold,

You are such an ignorant person.Everyone knows India is a developing country and the educational system and culture are different.Obviously you didnt do any groundwork and went for the easy option.No wonder you experienced culture shock.Dont assume every american indian are as ignorant as you.Most of them know what to expect in indian educational system and living in India.

You keep on saying how good you are, that you did well in USMLE.You dont have to be a genius to score high.It is easier than the Indian entrance examinations.Most of my friends got above 96.

You are asking why Indian doctors keep coming to US, if India is such a great country.US is formed by hard working immigrants.Not only India they come from everywhere.If you are jealous and insecure, then that is your problem.

Some of your beliefs are so deluded.You say in India they fail you because you have relationship with opposite sex.And you have seen many examples.I think you will believe everything what your colleagues say.Thats how rumour spreads.

Higher education is mostly self directed independent learning.You were expecting to be spoon fed.

People with deluded mind and offensive behaviour shouldnt become doctors. There are plenty of other professions....

education in india is better. In uk its all powerpoint ****, I am sure srmc has blackboard teaching no?

Truth Betold,

You are such an ignorant person.Everyone knows India is a developing country and the educational system and culture are different.Obviously you didnt do any groundwork and went for the easy option.No wonder you experienced culture shock.Dont assume every american indian are as ignorant as you.Most of them know what to expect in indian educational system and living in India.

You keep on saying how good you are, that you did well in USMLE.You dont have to be a genius to score high.It is easier than the Indian entrance examinations.Most of my friends got above 96.

You are asking why Indian doctors keep coming to US, if India is such a great country.US is formed by hard working immigrants.Not only India they come from everywhere.If you are jealous and insecure, then that is your problem.

Some of your beliefs are so deluded.You say in India they fail you because you have relationship with opposite sex.And you have seen many examples.I think you will believe everything what your colleagues say.Thats how rumour spreads.

Higher education is mostly self directed independent learning.You were expecting to be spoon fed.

People with deluded mind and offensive behaviour shouldnt become doctors. There are plenty of other professions....

I don't know what to think of you. You are either don't know how to read my previous posts or just choose to ignore them. I have already stated that i didn't do my groundwork as well as i should have, and thus things worked out as they did. Did i experience a culture shock?...that i did. But i told things as they are. It seems to me that you are the one having a hard time coming to grips with what i have written. You argue against what i have said, but you have yet to ultimately prove otherwise. You are delusional, if you think that most American indian students know before going to college in India that the grading system is subjective...That if you have a 5 mark question, you can only get 4 marks regardless of the caliber of the answer....i bet you none of them know they have to write essays in a certain manner in order to pass their final exams. All american indian kids that go to high school or college in the US never encounter something like that. And for things like that you can't do groundwork, u realize when its too late. When you decided to attend college did you ask how are your exams given? what is the grading system exactly? can i see a question paper? can i see an answer paper to see how students are expected to answer? I doubt it...and if you did more power to you, cuz in my opinion you are in a select group then.
As for the whole USMLE thing, i never said i was great. i said i did well when someone said i went to school in india because i could get through my MCATs. As for the whole relationship thing and other examples i sited, you may not believe them and i don't really care. I know it is the truth and i can only tell how i saw it.
You say higher education is mostly self learning, that is biggest load of BS i ever heard. If thats the case why do they have class? Why not make it a correspondence course. Just read the required text on your own and write the exam on a given date. There is reason it isn't that way. Being spoonfed is just BS phrase. I was expecting to be taught, which i don't think is wrong. I think thats why most people go to school for anything.
I know that the US is formed by primarily hard working immigrants. But you still didn't answer my question, if you like it there so much what are doing here? What the hell am i insecure or jealous about? If people do well, more power to them. Life isn't always a pissing contest. It seems to me that you are the one with the issues.
And who are you to tell anyone that 'people with deluded minds and offensive behavior shouldn't be doctors'? Academics and behavior are two different things. You should take your 'holier than thou' attitude and shove it. People who don't know how to argue shouldn't embark into an arguement. If you can't stand heat, stay the hell out of the ring. Thats a piece of advice maybe you should think about the next time you open your mouth.

If you have hated India so much, why did you spent 5 and a half years studying there.Surely you had the choice of leaving and do whatever you wanted to do..Obviously you thought the benefits of studying there outweight the risks.

In my opinion behaviour and academic are not two separate things..

If you read your posts, you can clearly see you have got issues..and you simply have no insight.

I never said India has a perfect education system and i dont want to go anywhere.You assume things which suits your beliefs.

If you have hated India so much, why did you spent 5 and a half years studying there.Surely you had the choice of leaving and do whatever you wanted to do..Obviously you thought the benefits of studying there outweight the risks.

In my opinion behaviour and academic are not two separate things..

If you read your posts, you can clearly see you have got issues..and you simply have no insight.

I never said India has a perfect education system and i dont want to go anywhere.You assume things which suits your beliefs.

I would have left, only thing is that college makes u pay up front the 100k. So if i left i wouldn't have gotten any of that money back. So i had to duke it out. I love how you never address anything i really say in your rebuttals. You just continue to spew your stupidity. I had issues with that place, never denied it. Just trying to help people not go through what i did. Please correlate the connection with behavior and academics. Ones behavior has no connection to the caliber of the knowledge or academic prowess. You are one of those people who judge a book by its cover rather than the content of the book. Maybe you shouldn't be so judgmental. And for once, instead make slanderous statements about me, REALLY prove something in my original post wrong. If continue to not make any pertinent points, i am going to simply ignore you as your incompetence has become annoying.

I am not going to spend anymore time arguing with you.Not because you are good, but you do talk a lot of rubbish.I cant comment on your college or city you have studied,as i dont have first hand experience.But i do note that your american indian colleagues had different points of view, who have attended the same college.

I am not going to spend anymore time arguing with you.Not because you are good, but you do talk a lot of rubbish.I cant comment on your college or city you have studied,as i dont have first hand experience.But i do note that your american indian colleagues had different points of view, who have attended the same college.

lol you guys are hilarious. You are basically saying the same exact thing to each other...

TBT - "I hate this place"
Sram - "The place hates you"
TBT - "Why don't you point out the problem in my argument?"
Sram - "Why don't you point out the problem in my argument?"
TBT - "You don't seem to understand what I am saying"
Sram - "You don't seem to understand what I am saying"
TBT - "You're ignorant and there's no point arguing with you, I am done"
Sram - ""You're ignorant and there's no point arguing with you, I am done"

Obviously, neither one of you is going to change their mind because you both feel you are correct. Essentially, its gotten to the point where you guys are arguing for the sake of arguing, kinda like children in kindergarten would do.........so my advice to you both - you've made your respective points, so pls drop it and let it go, at this point your argument is only for the amusement of other ppl, but not for anything constructive.

TBT, thank you for your input, 2 of my cousins were thinking about going to SRMC, but after reading your posts (and some other ppl's as well), I have come to realise that SRMC is not a good place for them. I will tell them to forget about going to medical school in India, and instead consider alternate routes.

Good luck in your respective endeavors guys,
Eric

lol you guys are hilarious. You are basically saying the same exact thing to each other...

Obviously, neither one of you is going to change their mind because you both feel you are correct. Essentially, its gotten to the point where you guys are arguing for the sake of arguing, kinda like children in kindergarten would do.........so my advice to you both - you've made your respective points, so pls drop it and let it go, at this point your argument is only for the amusement of other ppl, but not for anything constructive.

TBT, thank you for your input, 2 of my cousins were thinking about going to SRMC, but after reading your posts (and some other ppl's as well), I have come to realise that SRMC is not a good place for them. I will tell them to forget about going to medical school in India, and instead consider alternate routes.

Eric

valid point. Eric, I am happy that my post was of use to you helping your cousins. take care.

truth behold how long ago did u graduate? I went to see the campus in august and its trually class. I dont have a clue wat you are on about in 99% of your posts. Are you a doc in us now?

Eric

haha what a first class idiot you really are. No one has had a go at srmc bar tbt, your decision is appaling:thumbdown: