Returning from a Year break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thruster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I left in the middle of my 3rd year for an academic pursuit. I was really getting the hang of the whole clinical thing when I had left and was becoming fairly proficient at my clinical responsibilities (had a good rhythm).
Now that I am returning soon, I feel like I have forgotten how to do a H&P and come up with a cogent A&P. Any tips for getting back into the swing of things?

Members don't see this ad.

Try to start back on something lighter, and let your team know why you might be a little rusty at first. Then work your ass off. You pretty much just have to jump in and do it--there's no good way to get up to speed before starting back.

Try to start back on something lighter, and let your team know why you might be a little rusty at first. Then work your ass off. You pretty much just have to jump in and do it--there's no good way to get up to speed before starting back.

Agree

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in the same situation myself-will be starting with Ob/gyn in few weeks time after almost an entire year of hiatus.
What I think will help (me) is to have a brief review of the one good review book before you start a rotation.For instance: I intend to do a quick run through of Blueprints for OB just to be prime myself before the actual game begins...

Perhaps that will help.Good luck!

I am in the same situation myself-will be starting with Ob/gyn in few weeks time after almost an entire year of hiatus.
What I think will help (me) is to have a brief review of the one good review book before you start a rotation.

I am trying to do the same thing right now, although my hiatus has been significantly longer. The knowledge is something you can brush up on; the whole process of rotations (presenting, writing notes, etc.) you really can't.