Hello again. I recently posted here, and I was pleasantly encouraged by some of the responses. I am considering going back to undergrad to take the pre-med courseload. If it doesn't work out, well, at least I tried. I have some questions regarding how to manage the transition from full-time work back to undergrad again (and even to med school... gulp). My case is more complicated than some and less complicated than others. Monetarily I can afford the cost of UG classes + no income for the next several years, if need be (although med school will place me into massive debt, as normal). If my fiancee and I live frugally, we can survive without huge problems. On the other hand, my fiancee is currently getting her PhD, which means that I am trying to schedule this to maximize the number of years we spend together. More than, say, 2 years apart would not be good. That being said, my current plan is to go back to school ASAP and apply to med school when she has 2 years left of her PhD program. I have several options. A) Super-fast Plan: Take classes at a CC this spring and summer. Take classes at a state university during fall/spring. Apply to med school Spring 2010. Problems: While this gives me the earliest possible start date, I will also be in danger of doing poorly in courses due to the super-accelerated timeframe. I am also worried that, say, community college gen chem will not prepare me for Big State University organic chem, and in order to finish on time I will absolutely HAVE to take courses at a CC. (This plan may not even be possible anyway; I took A&P and Gen Bio back in college, and a semester of Chem, but I would be terrified of transitioning right into, say, organic chemistry my first semester back. So I'd have to retake EVERYthing.) B) Normal-pace plan: Take a course during the spring semester. If it works out, cut dramatically back on work to focus on taking 2 courses in summer and then start school full-time in Fall 2009. Apply to med schools Spring 2011. Problems: Seems like the most "natural" option to me, but I will be entering med school during my fiancee's final year of PhDing. Seems like it could cause job-application problems for her, because her geographical area will be limited to jobs that are near me and my medical school. If I only got into med school at, say, some really isolated university where there were no jobs for my fiancee, I am not sure I would be able/willing to go there. C) Slow-pace plan: Work a year, taking classes part-time. Apply to med schools in Spring 2012. This plan lets me apply to med schools at the exact same time my fiancee will be applying for teaching jobs, which might increase the odds of us ending up geographically nearby one another. Problems: The extra wait to start school; I'll be "old" by the time I finally start working. On the plus side, grades will probably be all As. D) Super-slow pace plan: Wait til my fiancee gets a university job before I apply. Apply to med schools Spring 2013+. Problems: Class of 2018. Yipes. Oh, and what if I waited all that time and the university job goes sour?.. Other thoughts: For those of you who began at community colleges before transitioning back to a normal uni, did the CC classes actually prepare you enough for the advanced courses? I'm terrified that CC bio will lead to me doing terribly in upper-level bio courses, or chem, or anything. But at the same time, community college courses let me start sooner, work a bit, et cetera, before making the Big Plunge back into undergraduate. I would love to be able to start soon, but I am not convinced enough by med school yet to just quit my job right this second. Thank you for any suggestions you may have. I really appreciate it. If you think I am missing something, or am nuts or deluded, do let me know.