All Branch Topic (ABT) "Reverse PROFIS", experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DD214_DOC

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't get why it's called, "reverse PROFIS", but since the original thread ended up going way out to BFE, here's a new one.

So, has anyone received their new orders yet? If so, how's that going? If not, have any of you heard from someone who has?

Earlier this week the news was put out, with the usual, "it's happening, can't really tell you what it actually is, but don't worry about it. Carry on".

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It is supposed to start first quarter of FY19. We were told to talk with our respective consultants. However, there remains some unknowns and this is why I suspect we are not being fully informed. My fear is that this is being rushed to implement and we are all stuck in the middle. Ultimately, I think the goal is to trim specialities that do not translate to the operational side. How this impacts current providers is something I guess we will find out soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I came back from the reverse PROFIS brief and dropped papers the same day. This plus civilianization of my specialty? You don’t need to tell me more than once that I’m not wanted. Get out while the getting’s good.

I came back from the reverse PROFIS brief and dropped papers the same day. This plus civilianization of my specialty? You don’t need to tell me more than once that I’m not wanted. Get out while the getting’s good.

Oh, mine were dropped a few months ago, so I only have to get through the next few months. I am primarily concerned, though, with how a reassignment to FORSCOM may affect my UQR process to this point, if at all. (I assume ths system is silly enough to include someone who is knowingly separating in less than 9 months).

I'm done with the process and was told to contact my MTF's HR in January to have orders cut. I'm not sure how that will really work if I'm not part of MEDCOM any longer?

I'm also not sure why I have to wait until January.

I'm at one of the initial sites and continue to be met with blank stares anytime questions about this process are asked.

Gotta love the Army's ability to keep itself intact. Hospitals are taken over by DHA. Army finds a way to steal back all the doctors.

Reactions: 1 users
What is your specialty?