Review Article - Help Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anes2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm finishing up residency and have taken a job in private practice, where I will be doing primarily pain medicine and occasional time spent in the OR. I realized that I will never finish all the projects that I set out to complete during residency. So, if there are any interested medical students out there looking for a publication, let me know. I'm looking for some help drafting a review article on a pain medicine subject. Please send me a PM with your email address if you are interested and I will discuss the project a bit further. This is ideal for a MS1-MS3 who knows they want to go into anesthesia (or ultimately do pain) and has some time. The research for the article shouldn't take very long, and I would like to submit the article in the next few weeks/months.

Members don't see this ad.

love it. outsourcing scut. but, why in the world would you care to publish in private practice?

love it. outsourcing scut. but, why in the world would you care to publish in private practice?

I'll answer your question, even though I think you don't really care and like to be an e-jerk.

I did my anesthesiology residency and am finishing my pain fellowship. I wrote "residency" in my initial post because I entered anesthesia planning on doing pain, so I have looked at all 5 years (internship/residency/fellowship) as "residency" because I knew all along this would be my path. I've published a ton of articles on pain in my residency and fellowship. As to why a future private practice doc would like another publication... My practice will initially be a mix of OR anesthesia and pain. As my pain practice gets busier I can "buy" my time out of the OR and do pain only. I will depend on referals from the community for patients. The more publications I have, the more lectures and chapters I have written, the easier it is to build a practice. But you obviously have no clue about that.

I don't view this offer as "scut". I have a topic already picked out, have a bunch of background articles in .pdf format, and have already spoken with a journal editor who is a friend/colleague who wants to publish the article when it is complete. I'm offering some eager person a first-author publication status for what will only probably be a week's worth of effort.

Hopefully this has answered your question. Thanks for the sarcastic reply...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll answer your question, even though I think you don't really care and like to be an e-jerk.

I did my anesthesiology residency and am finishing my pain fellowship. I wrote "residency" in my initial post because I entered anesthesia planning on doing pain, so I have looked at all 5 years (internship/residency/fellowship) as "residency" because I knew all along this would be my path. I've published a ton of articles on pain in my residency and fellowship. As to why a future private practice doc would like another publication... My practice will initially be a mix of OR anesthesia and pain. As my pain practice gets busier I can "buy" my time out of the OR and do pain only. I will depend on referals from the community for patients. The more publications I have, the more lectures and chapters I have written, the easier it is to build a practice. But you obviously have no clue about that.

I don't view this offer as "scut". I have a topic already picked out, have a bunch of background articles in .pdf format, and have already spoken with a journal editor who is a friend/colleague who wants to publish the article when it is complete. I'm offering some eager person a first-author publication status for what will only probably be a week's worth of effort.

Hopefully this has answered your question. Thanks for the sarcastic reply...

You are offering a Medical Student/Resident a great oppportunity here. Kudos.

Blade

Interested. I'll PM you. I have good research experience. Author on two posters/presentations, author on two case reports submissions, acknowledged on three papers for (significant) editing...

D712

Last edited:
If i would have been in the states, i would have grabbed this opportunity. And still would have, if i would not have been dead busy with my step 1 right now. I would have offered the OP email collabration. =).

Why don't you go to the Pain Forum and post over there.
You'll find a lot more of us pain folks there. Send a note to the mod and get it posted in the physician only forum.