Review before starting pharmacy school

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by wmc607, May 12, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. wmc607

wmc607 2+ Year Member

Jul 17, 2011
    I know there are already a few threads on this topic, but I (hate to) assume that the original posters had been in school leading up to admission to pharmacy school. I, however, took Spring '13, Fall '13, and this past spring off to work in a pharmacy before applying and am worried about what I may have forgotten. Should I just do what was suggested in similar posts, which was not worry about it and just make a note of what I don't remember during class and touch up on it afterward, or would it be more beneficial in my case to review? If so, what should I focus on?

By the way, I'll be going to UGA's College of Pharmacy if that makes a difference

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Jibby321

Jibby321 Ready or Not...... 2+ Year Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Just enjoy your time off.

4. Kelp103

Kelp103 2+ Year Member

Feb 3, 2014
    This was one of the questions I asked at my interviews and everyone seemed to just say basic math (which I'm not concerned about so.... Haha). So maybe basic math, but I agree with Jibby to enjoy the time off before we all get started.

5. RxEvileye

RxEvileye 2+ Year Member

Jun 13, 2013
    California
    Just as the other posters said, most pharmacy students have told me to enjoy the time off before school starts.

6. RxTech15

RxTech15

Jul 25, 2016
    Any update on how starting school went? I see this post is a couple years old. I'm in the same boat.

7. Marina22

Marina22

Jul 23, 2016
    What I heard the most is that you can mentally prepare yourself is must. What my PCP doctor suggested me, that there will be stress and pressure especially at the beginning. Getting a good rest in a summer, checking your health, seeing a doctor to check some issues if some one has.

What I think is a good idea, not sure I want to study. But if possible check curriculum, check approximate classes, see what you think might help you to brush up your skills now. For example, there will labs for sure, and math calculation. For some it's simple, if you think you struggle with it, and if you don't mind, check what math skills you need to recall.

One girl I remember said, that she regret that she didn't know her amino acids well. I am not sure why they need at school.

8. thefuturepharmD

thefuturepharmD

Mar 12, 2017
    I heard it is good to review your organic functional groups.

9. RxTech15

RxTech15

Jul 25, 2016
    Thanks guys :) I agree with the above posts!