Review Books for the OAT

Started by popozhao
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

popozhao

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any good books out there? I checked amazon, they dont really have a great rating book. or is it better to study the textbooks? how do you guys prepare for the OAT? Prep classes perhaps?
 
I bought the Kaplan test book from the bookstore. It pretty much has the sample tests and nothing else. It helped, but I would like a review type book like the MCAT or DAT books.

Then I enrolled for the Kaplan course itself and they sent me a lot of other materials which I wish were offered, or I just couldn't find.
 
where to purchase OAT review books really? i can't find one in Borders, only MCAT, DAT, etc...amazon.com perhaps? help me out guys, i really need to get started!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I bought my Kaplan OAT review book from the textbook store at my university. They didn't have it in stock when i first went to buy it, so i asked them to order it for me and it came in in a couple of weeks no problem.

I would definitely suggest studying from course notes and textbooks as well, but that's a huge amount of material. I found it helpful to use the sample questions from Kaplan whatever other sample tests i could get my hands to steer myself towards topics to study.

Good luck in your search for a Kaplan book!
 
I bought the Kaplan test book-It pretty much has the sample tests and nothing else.

+1 word. the mcat book has all you'll need-plus it's more difficult. the PCAT book is good too! don't need to waste $$ on a fvckin review course, unless you're that bad. 😉 i didn't have any classes for 2 yrs after i graduated in '04, studied the MCAT book OVER and OVER and OVER x100879797 and did fine. please don't sweat it!!!

john