Review Lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amy73

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a list of the most important topics that need to be reviewed by subject..
Thanks
Amy

Members don't see this ad.

To Rev:
Immuniology
Brain/CNS + PNS
Reproduction & embryology
Sn1/sn2/e1/e2
Conjugation
Carbonyl chemistry
Stochimetry Mole Molarity Molality -> dilution ect
Gas Laws
Phases, phase equilibrium

To learn :
Acid Base Chem & solution Chemistry, lenses, properties of waves, fluid motion, magnetism-> relation to electricity, kirchoffs rule and circuits

Hard to answer as a general question, since so much of it is personal. What one person may be weak in and should review, the other person's got it down pat. Moreover, just because in the last exam there wasn't a question on a certain topic doesn't mean that it won't be there this turn.

Personally, I'd focus on the review list here:

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/topics.pdf

And make sure I'm able to check every topic several times (i.e. reviewed it more than once).

Good Luck,
-Y_Marker

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the AAMC syllabus and it seeems to have certain things that EK says "not to memorize". Eg: Boyles law, charles law, properties of alkali metals etc...

How are other EK users dealing with these issues...

Bye
Amy

Members don't see this ad :)
Better safe than sorry. I am reviewing what EK says is essential and also memorizing the few thigns that aamc included that EK didn't. I say aamc is obviously the more reputable source.

My course gave us a list of science topics that are prioritized according to frequency on the MCAT. It matches the AAMC list pretty well, although they say there are a few topics that are hardly tested (like Pincaol rearrangement) that are listed by AAMC. I especially liked the usual suspects key review. I only have a hard copy, but maybe it's online somehwere.

Last edited: