Revisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOGGU

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hI guys,
how do you manage to revise when there is still more material you got to go thru for the first time.Kindly suggest tips to manage both.

Members don't see this ad.

How much time are u left with? try to finish the materials asap ,dont try to remember in the first time ,just go through it atleast once. As u start revising it,u will remember the answers. or u can start with revision each day a little bit as u go through the fresh portions. :thumbup:

Thanks Dhee,quite honestly I was going thru it as you had mentioned the first time & have started revising with no continuity though....yes it seems easier the second time, I just need to sort out & follow a routine.Thanks for the suggestion...any suggestion is welcome!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's true you get the feeling you've been doing the decks for a long long time when you are studying for the first time but don't worry about that.like i said in another thread..it's ok to feel that way (infact it's good lest you get too overconfident too :p :D ...he he..just kiddin')
Don't try remember everything...just go through the stuff.It's all there in the mind.It just takes a little brushing up(thats why we do a revision right ;) ) well, i don't want to wander from your question..just finish the decks completely once before going in for a second reading.(i personally feel thats a right approach coz you get the satisfaction of having completed something...anyways, opinions vary too...find what's right for you).when the time comes, the right stuff will show through.
I would also like to say that you and all those who get to the second round of revision will find it much comforting when you check your pace(you will be pretty fast).At this stage i suggest you use some page markers or stuff like that and mark those cards which you find something which
you need looking through again.so, incase you don't find the time later you can just go through the cards that you marked.(so you can give more attention to the stuff you find tricky)...hope that helps.Good luck with your preparation... :thumbup:

hi elementz.......thanks alot................... :) :)

Hi Elementz,
Thankyou for your valuable suggestion. :) ..sure enough the second time around the revision seems to move at a faster pace, though I took along time the first time & morever that is very encouraging :p when you have answered right.Just have to get the magic score :idea: :luck: , till then must keep the positive feeling going.Kindly keep all of us motivated with your suggestions.God bless you.

elementz said:
It's true you get the feeling you've been doing the decks for a long long time when you are studying for the first time but don't worry about that.like i said in another thread..it's ok to feel that way (infact it's good lest you get too overconfident too :p :D ...he he..just kiddin')
Don't try remember everything...just go through the stuff.It's all there in the mind.It just takes a little brushing up(thats why we do a revision right ;) ) well, i don't want to wander from your question..just finish the decks completely once before going in for a second reading.(i personally feel thats a right approach coz you get the satisfaction of having completed something...anyways, opinions vary too...find what's right for you).when the time comes, the right stuff will show through.
I would also like to say that you and all those who get to the second round of revision will find it much comforting when you check your pace(you will be pretty fast).At this stage i suggest you use some page markers or stuff like that and mark those cards which you find something which
you need looking through again.so, incase you don't find the time later you can just go through the cards that you marked.(so you can give more attention to the stuff you find tricky)...hope that helps.Good luck with your preparation... :thumbup:

Hi elementz!
Thanks ............even i m feeling the same thing ,i finished my 1st reading with dental decks...........in 10 -12 days ......& i don't remember a single word............... :( :scared: .........and i m planning to give my exam in july end....God knows what ll happen.......bcoz of this i m down :mad: &scared too.
i wanna know @ the kaplan book ....do i need to read that book also......if yes :- (thoroughly)........ :scared:
what other things i have to read except these 2 & Qp........
please guide ......
THANKS in advance :)

bye n take care
dent_ist.............. :(

dent_ist said:
i wanna know @ the kaplan book ....do i need to read that book also......if yes :- (thoroughly)........ :scared:
what other things i have to read except these 2 & Qp........

Hi dent_ist,
Thats a real fast reading of decks if i may say...wow! I wish i could be that fast.
Anyways. don't panic :scared: ..that happens the first time you read anything...the stuff is all there in the head, it just needs some revisions and additions and brushing up.Don't worry you'll be fine( and with your pace you may even get to revise 3-4 times :) ).This is April...so cheer up :D you have time to go through and stress the topics you feel you are lagging in.
Regarding the kaplan books...well, there are mixed opinions about this on this forum.In case you want an opinion from most of us on this forum you could check out the poll that meggs put up a while ago regarding whether it is useful or not.To give a personal opinion, well i had just 2 n 1/2 months to prepare and I didn't have time to go through all the kaplan material except for some biochem (coz' i felt i needed help in biochem) and some anatomy(abdomen and limbs) according to me they were pretty interesting( but time consuming :oops: ).
I have heard quite a few people talk very highly about the little brown book of biochem.you may want to look it up if you find some time too...i haven't studied from it so can't say much about that :( .
To sum it all i would say if you are thorough with decks and Qp's and touch it up with a little from kaplan...you are good to score 90+.(individual opinions vary ofcourse :p )
Good luck with your efforts...and think positive. :thumbup:
cheers,
elementz

elementz said:
Hi dent_ist,
Thats a real fast reading of decks if i may say...wow! I wish i could be that fast.
Good luck with your efforts...and think positive. :thumbup:
cheers,
elementz

Thanks elementz!!!! :thumbup:
i hope i may talk with this confidence after 2 n 1/2 mths.i.e 15 days before my exams..... :luck:
& keep giving me dose :) .......i mean it...&.i need it .....!!! i m very lazy :sleep:
keep in touch .........
bye n take care
dent_ist

I;m having a tough time doin the question papers.. :( I hate to read the xplanation part ..on top of it i take almost 1 day for 1 answer key..Does it usually take this long?? :confused: r is it only me... :scared:
I feel i'm taking ages for this..How'z all u'r revision goin??

HEY elementzz,

u've a way with words.. :) plzz suggest r say somethng.
Thanks in advance

regards
gorur

Hi!
well seems like you are done with atleast one reading of decks.Good! :)
Are you doing the papers along with the second revision of decks side by side? :confused: That will help ease the stress of doing the papers :idea: (trust me it's real stressful when you are trying to pull out all the things from inside your head within a short timespan of 1 hr or so.) :p
I didn't understand if you meant doing 1 paper(as in 1 subject) or one year papers(all subjects)..when you said it took you the whole day.If you mean all subjects then you are pretty much on the right track according to me :).
If not then don't worry it's just the first time you are going through the papers so just try to take in as much input as possible.Like i said in another thread don't go by numbers go by quality..
TIPS for a stress free study:
...try changing subjects if you feel you are spending too much time on one subject
...take frequent (small) breaks , listen to music etc.
...go out for a walk or a little excercise....helps make your mind more attentive.
...jot down points you don't know in a small book while you study or do the papers...(it will also be helpful on the last day before the exam so you can go through only those points so you have a quick brush up.)
... MOST IMP..(according to me :D )...eat and sleep well :sleep:
and don't get disheartened if you couldn't finish something you thought you would within a specific time frame.Just tell yourself what else did you do that was important.

and finally...........tell yourself every morning when you wake up.."I'm happy,confident and i'll do well"...try it, it's a form of self motivation.

I am sure all you guys who are taking up their exams soon are all gonna do great! It's just a matter of having confidence and putting in that LITTLE EXTRA. :thumbup: .. Good luck to you all...

Thanks elementz, that was very nice of u :) But unfortunately the soft ware is not allowing me to give karma to u , since I have done that already(good karma offcourse :D )
God bless u :)

:D :D :D ....bribing me ???....he he jus kiddin' :D
Thanks and you're alwayz welcome :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I really find your posts quite inspiring n they all make lots of sense :idea: .I keep saving your posts for motivation. ....(without ur written consent :D...hope u don't mind ;) ).Thanx a lot buddy for helping us all out with ur valuable suggestions :love: .All The Best n Good Luck in whatever you do :thumbup: :luck:

elementz said:
:D :D :D ....bribing me ???....he he jus kiddin' :D
Thanks and you're alwayz welcome :)

offcourse not..something like give & take policy :smuggrin: ......ok I was kidding :D :D

Hi, Elementz,
I have not yest completed a single reading yet!!!..To slow..yet to do Mico -patho..and anat..a little of it is left..!!!

I try and study for atleast 5-6hrs a day too. ..I cant seem to do more than that- no point since no info really gets into my head ...after 5 hours...!!!! :confused:

It is taking me more than 2-3 months to do decks and papers once, ! and it seems like i have taken so much time but I .... remember so little.~!!!!
and what about theory? how much is too much?
Kaplan Notes???
We do need to revise! ..but the question is...is there enough time?!
How about all of you????
How long did u take for the first round?
and how long does the revising take?
thanks elementz for keeping all of us sane here ..your suggestions are really apprecaited..a lot!!!..... :)
Toothzone

elementz said:
Hi!
well seems like you are done with atleast one reading of decks.Good! :)
Are you doing the papers along with the second revision of decks side by side? :confused: That will help ease the stress of doing the papers :idea: (trust me it's real stressful when you are trying to pull out all the things from inside your head within a short timespan of 1 hr or so.) :p
I didn't understand if you meant doing 1 paper(as in 1 subject) or one year papers(all subjects)..when you said it took you the whole day.If you mean all subjects then you are pretty much on the right track according to me :).
If not then don't worry it's just the first time you are going through the papers so just try to take in as much input as possible.Like i said in another thread don't go by numbers go by quality..
TIPS for a stress free study:
...try changing subjects if you feel you are spending too much time on one subject
...take frequent (small) breaks , listen to music etc.
...go out for a walk or a little excercise....helps make your mind more attentive.
...jot down points you don't know in a small book while you study or do the papers...(it will also be helpful on the last day before the exam so you can go through only those points so you have a quick brush up.)
... MOST IMP..(according to me :D )...eat and sleep well :sleep:
and don't get disheartened if you couldn't finish something you thought you would within a specific time frame.Just tell yourself what else did you do that was important.

and finally...........tell yourself every morning when you wake up.."I'm happy,confident and i'll do well"...try it, it's a form of self motivation.

I am sure all you guys who are taking up their exams soon are all gonna do great! It's just a matter of having confidence and putting in that LITTLE EXTRA. :thumbup: .. Good luck to you all...

dent_ist said:
Thanks elementz!!!! :thumbup:
i hope i may talk with this confidence after 2 n 1/2 mths.i.e 15 days before my exams..... :luck:
& keep giving me dose :) .......i mean it...&.i need it .....!!! i m very lazy :sleep:
keep in touch .........
bye n take care
dent_ist
hi elementz........give me my dose....................... :laugh: :laugh: .........
well doing just fine i guess........still at null...........well...to slow ..........or too freaked out........micro patho decks left...........................dental anat left...............suggest the dose......and medicine both.......
thanks alot.....
may GOD bless u.......
p.s.......good karma to u........

Dear Toothzone,

first of all R-E-L-A-X...relax completely...don't pressurise yourself...just go by what you feel comfortable(hey i don't mean taking rest and not studying :D )...find the right balance....don't worry we have all been there and now i'm siitting here and giving you guys a suggestion...you'll be doing the same in a while too.. :D ...don't worry.If it gets too much close your books for one full day and see...the next day automatically you will get stuck to them.Try that coz you have time...
Don't get discouraged when someone you know says they have completed reading 2-3 times or whatever...It's their pace...and everyone has a different style of reading.
Don't you remember during exam time at college (i think everyone has passed through this phase)...you just feel blank and feel you don't remember a word :eek: !!! and when in the exam hall everything comes like out of a waterfall...its all there in the head the stuff comes out when the time is right...another tendency all of us have is to keep checking out our memory if its working or not by trying to remember something while studying and when we can't....well...P-A-N-I-C!!!! (Atleast i used to have that problem):eek: :eek: DON"T DO THAT....you will just end up wating time and worrying that you can't remember anything..
Regarding the text stuff...do that only if you have any doubts...don't waste time pointlessly reading...decks and QP's give you direction.I found kaplan for biochem good...but didn't have time for anything else as i just had 2 n 1/2 months altogether...you have much more time...when i can do it so can everyone...isn't it?
At times the mind is like a dustbin....you just dump info of all kinds into it and keep doing that.So, from the top all you can see is the unrelated stuff....an exam is like a big junkyard where all this info is spilled out!!! he he isn't that a weird metaphor I just used...ewwwwwwww ...what was i thinking!!! :laugh:.........
don't worry you guys...when you are set out on a path there is definitely a destination...it's in your frame of mind how you want your destination to be(too philosophical...eh....enough dose Dent_ist & MEETLIFE???? :D ) so, think positive and keep a cool frame of mind....relax...thats the key! :thumbup: ...and if you feel down and low...what are we all at SDN there for??? :luck:

P.s.:..I charge a considerable amount for my regular dose sessions...interested parties can get their dose by prior appointment only!!!! :laugh:

hI Elementz,
so good to hear from you.It is the stresss sometimes that kind of blurs our vision...today seems to be one of those days...people around you are so mean...With SDNers being the only exception...the weather is so dull with rain clouds all over, the pace is very slow...I know this too shall pass but for now I need some encouragement, not to be discouraged & keep going...coz I know I have it in me...but today I have no fight in me...help!
Do put in a word or two every day on this forum to keep us focussed on the goal we have set to achieve...any other motivating advise is all also welcome from SDNers!

elementz said:
Dear Toothzone,
don't worry you guys...when you are set out on a path there is definitely a destination...it's in your frame of mind how you want your destination to be(too philosophical...eh....enough dose Dent_ist & MEETLIFE???? :D ) so, think positive and keep a cool frame of mind....relax...thats the key! :thumbup: ...and if you feel down and low...what are we all at SDN there for??? :luck:

THANKS ALOT DOC!!!!!
I HOPE I LL GET WELL SOONNNNNNNN :laugh: :laugh: ............WITH NICE SCORE........!!!!!ALL THE BEST TO OTHER PATINETS ALSO
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hey elementz..didn't i say u've a way with u'r words.. :D .It's making so much of a difference n makes us feel there is somebody to encourage us all the way n constantly too..It puts us back in track..
Thanks a zillion.. :clap: :clap:

I sure wd like to take u'r dose session provided i can afford it.. :laugh: Could u be more specific abt the fee.? :D

Thanks again wishing u luck for everythng :luck: :thumbup:
gorur

meetlife said:
hi elementz........give me my dose....................... :laugh: :laugh: .........
well doing just fine i guess........still at null...........well...to slow ..........or too freaked out........micro patho decks left...........................dental anat left...............suggest the dose......and medicine both.......
thanks alot.....
may GOD bless u.......
p.s.......good karma to u........

Hi meetlife,
even my micro/path n DADH are untouched yet..... :scared: so far sorta crammed thro' anat n bio/physio!kaplan is so vast n literally taking me eons to read it :( .....so for now finally settling down to decks n referring it n texts only when in doubt.For me it looks like days are passing away so fast... :oops: .....so let's keep up the timing n study motivating each other n by elementz's wonderful tips :idea: :love:
Good luck to All Of Us................. :luck:

hi all..............................................
we all will do well..............do not worry......i am just doing decks and papers........i have done physio decks once ...doing anat..........what u can do is.....
1.seperate..all decks related to teeth
oral cavity
pdl and gingiva
oral micro organism
TMJ
tooth components
make a bundle of these.....and finish in one day.......saves a lot of time.....
2.i am doing anat...so what i do is i pick up the related or same topic in physio and revise eg........if i do muscles......then i do muscles in anat and same topic in physio.....
saves time
better undersatnding

3.and one tooth in DA.......and decks for same.....
4.biochem.............................................god only knows................
all the best to all.....
hope this helps......

b/w wiz.........................relax dear...u will do good...i guess all in same boat.........all the best...i will pray for u............................... :luck: :luck:

meetlife said:
hi all..............................................
we all will do well..............do not worry......i am just doing decks and papers........i have done physio decks once ...doing anat..........what u can do is.....
1.seperate..all decks related to teeth
oral cavity
pdl and gingiva
oral micro organism
TMJ
tooth components
make a bundle of these.....and finish in one day.......saves a lot of time.....
2.i am doing anat...so what i do is i pick up the related or same topic in physio and revise eg........if i do muscles......then i do muscles in anat and same topic in physio.....
saves time
better undersatnding

3.and one tooth in DA.......and decks for same.....
4.biochem.............................................god only knows................
all the best to all.....
hope this helps......

b/w wiz.........................relax dear...u will do good...i guess all in same boat.........all the best...i will pray for u............................... :luck: :luck:

Thanks meetlife! :thumbup:
Hope this ll work,i ll try to follow this .........and i think its a nice way of studing .....
now a days i m doing micro ..:-from kaplan notes......i gave only 2 days to read kaplan micro.notes...& and then i m doing micro from DD.....
i don't know.....@ its output ...but doing something.... :rolleyes:

as per my plan i gave 5 days to micro.,2days for kaplan & 2 days for DD....1 day for papers ..........i know i know 1day is not enough to da QPs...but solving paper only tell me ,how much i remember? :)

well .......the same thing i ll do for path also......... :p
hope this ll also owork.......
if i m going wrong ,u can always make me correct...... :love:
all the best to all of you :luck:

bye n take care
dent_ist

Hi meetlife,
Thanx a lot for ur wishes buddy....good luck to u too :luck: :love:
ya doing anat n physio at the same time saves lots of time :)

Hi dent_ist,
U r so cool finishing decks in 10-12 days.....way to go buddy :thumbup:.
That's really very motivative :clap: ur micro/path study staretegy is good.....but don't do micro qss n patho qss seperately....after u finish both micro n patho theory then do the micro-path paper.might be u meant this way only....n i got confused :oops:

Good luck friends :luck:

oh my ghosh,....here i just began studying for part1 .. and everyone out here is already into revisions....... :eek: :scared:

Ann 03 said:
oh my ghosh,....here i just began studying for part1 .. and everyone out here is already into revisions....... :eek: :scared:
ann..i was under the impression that u were already done with ur part 1?????? or are u retaking it???

i am retaking part1. i have just started studying. hope i get enough time.

Ann 03 said:
i am retaking part1. i have just started studying. hope i get enough time.
hi ann.......do not worry......u will do well.....................all the best............

dent_ist said:
Thanks meetlife! :thumbup:
Hope this ll work,i ll try to follow this .........and i think its a nice way of studing .....
now a days i m doing micro ..:-from kaplan notes......i gave only 2 days to read kaplan micro.notes...& and then i m doing micro from DD.....
i don't know.....@ its output ...but doing something.... :rolleyes:

as per my plan i gave 5 days to micro.,2days for kaplan & 2 days for DD....1 day for papers ..........i know i know 1day is not enough to da QPs...but solving paper only tell me ,how much i remember? :)

well .......the same thing i ll do for path also......... :p
hope this ll also owork.......
if i m going wrong ,u can always make me correct...... :love:
all the best to all of you :luck:

bye n take care
dent_ist
kudos to ur speed.............................. :thumbup: :thumbup: :
really hopping......hnnnnnnnnn........very good keep it up.....
u will be able to revise no of times.............so keep the pace........
meanwhle let me wonder how can anyone be so fast................... :laugh: :laugh:
all the best.......do well MAY GOD BLESS U................

wiztooth said:
Hi meetlife,
Thanx a lot for ur wishes buddy....good luck to u too :luck: :love:
ya doing anat n physio at the same time saves lots of time :)

Hi dent_ist,
U r so cool finishing decks in 10-12 days.....way to go buddy :thumbup:.
That's really very motivative :clap: ur micro/path study staretegy is good.....but don't do micro qss n patho qss seperately....after u finish both micro n patho theory then do the micro-path paper.might be u meant this way only....n i got confused :oops:

Good luck friends :luck:

Hey wiztooth,
i m doing the same as u said ..........coz when i open my DD ,i thought doing micro path DD without finishing kaplans notes is noto good ......so i started reading path ......i ll finish it today.........& start with DD from tomorrow.......
thanks for the same.........
hey meetlife !
thanks to u also .........but i dont know how much i remember so ..... :scared: ..........
& i dont think i ll be able to revise more than 2 times bcoz to finish DD& kaplan's notes it ll take around 2 mths......i e.....may n june......i ll do QPs in jully ......and in aug 1st wk i ll give my exams.........
lets see how things goes!!!!

bye n take care
dent_ist

dent_ist [B said:
hey meetlife ![/B]
thanks to u also .........but i dont know how much i remember so ..... :scared: ..........
& i dont think i ll be able to revise more than 2 times bcoz to finish DD& kaplan's notes it ll take around 2 mths......i e.....may n june......i ll do QPs in jully ......and in aug 1st wk i ll give my exams.........
lets see how things goes!!!!

bye n take care
dent_ist
hi......do not worry.relax......all the best...............do well........ :thumbup:

elementz said:
Dear Toothzone,
P.s.:..I charge a considerable amount for my regular dose sessions...interested parties can get their dose by prior appointment only!!!! :laugh:
hi elementz............this is not fair......i want my separate dose........y r u biased........... :laugh: :laugh:
thanks alot buddy....................i know i can always turn to u for all the motivation i need............
may GOD bless u...........
people like u make SDN a great family...... :thumbup: :love:

P.s.:..I charge a considerable amount for my regular dose sessions...interested parties can get their dose by prior appointment only!!!!
doc......my appiontment and fees????? :laugh: :laugh:
i have already paid u...check ur karma(advance payment) ......waiting for the dose....... :D :D

dent_ist I HOPE I LL GET WELL SOONNNNNNNN :laugh: :laugh: ............WITH NICE SCORE........!!!!!ALL THE BEST TO OTHER PATINETS ALSO [/B said:

AMEN!!
INSHAAH ALLAH!!

HI !!!!
i m not doing well ,pl tell me what to do? :confused:
since 12 days i m doing only micro/path from kaplan & DD........and not yet finished with it :thumbdown: ..........i m going very slow.......... :scared:

bye n take care.......
dent_ist

dent_ist said:
HI !!!!
since 12 days i m doing only micro/path from kaplan & DD........and not yet finished with it :thumbdown: ..........i m going very slow.......... :scared:

bye n take care.......
dent_ist

Hai dent_ist,

Relax..When u start studying frm kaplan it does consume time.When we make a time schedule..it seems easier but the actual studying does take lotza time.Even if it is time consuming,try to read it well the first time..
Coz when u start doin the question papers,u may not know the corect answers but question n the choices seem familiar n u know where u've studied that ,,it'll be easier for u to refer.
Also make a list of topics u wd like to study in that day,n go on scratching off[seems silly :D ,but i feel so happy doin that]as n when u finish it..u'll get a rythm n fel like finishing the remaining...hope this helps..
all the best buddy :thumbup:
gorur

dent_ist said:
HI !!!!

bye n take care.......
dent_ist
hi relax.........................
now.......do not waste too much time on parasito and all.........and yes..in micro patho.......do not try to mug up...........read once and do the papers and decks.....
all my prayers with u...................
all the best...... :luck:

i had ordered for kaplan it hasnt reached yet.and i am off on a 10 day vacation :( planned it long time back. how extensive is kaplan? i am reading frm the 2001 decks now .its time consuming :mad: reading allthese threads make me even more nervous. its frustrating to do something which i have already done b4. :smuggrin:

Hiya all..This is how I am preparing..
I read about 40 decks per day. I make sure that I stick to this speed and be thorough with the decks at the same time..
The next day, before I start with the next 40, I go back and read though thr previous 40 to cement it better in my brains.. So far, i have just managed to finish 2 subjects..Started with physio/biochem..left with DA.. After reading the thread, I guess I should jump to 50 per day now...Doesn't feel good to know that I am amongst the minority who haven't finished decks even once :(

ajay ur pace is good dont worry abt wht others have done. ur revision next day technique is really effective. keep up the good work. :thumbup:
u still have time dont worry. :luck:

Hi Ajay,
you are really doing great....should get some inspiration from this time managemnt idea of urs :idea: :clap: .Don't worry buddy....if u continue this pace u'll 've enough time.....get going.Are u able to do decks and refering the texts simultaneously...!?If am in doubt I'll start referring n end up being stuck with hardly some 20 decks/day :mad:...not to forget my day dreaming/getting side tracked :oops:
Hi Ann
How'z ur preparation going...?I feel kaplan is good but really time consuming..sometimes it looks like there's no continuity..but we can do some selective reading I guess.
hey dent_ist,
ya even i felt kaplan is time consuming.....n also these decks look small but even they take so much of time for me :eek:
Good Luck All you guys.......... :luck:

Thanks for making me feel a lot better friends ;) But frankly speaking, I think I can do better than that. The problem is that I am addicted to Computer games and I am using my computer to study..I DID uninstall all the games a few days back..But ended up playing minesweeper :(
I managed to finish 94 decks today...But just becoz I slogged like crazy for it....So if I add up tmorrow's revision, it means 46 decks/day! sounds too good to be true...just hope the petrol doesn't run out :)

p.s reading this will surely scare a few people and motivate them I hope ;)

Well Wiztooth, I am not using any books. I have this feeling that I am related to KARNA [of Mahabharatha fame ] I gave up all my books to my juniors thinking that I would join some management PG seat. I always wanted Ortho and I KNOW I cannot make it within the top 3 in CET. So it's just Decks for me. I have heard that decks are enough.

p.s to guys...NO! Just becoz I am related to Karna doesn't mean that you get my girl :)

AjayDas said:
Hiya all..This is how I am preparing..
I read about 40 decks per day. I make sure that I stick to this speed and be thorough with the decks at the same time..
The next day, before I start with the next 40, I go back and read though thr previous 40 to cement it better in my brains.. So far, i have just managed to finish 2 subjects..Started with physio/biochem..left with DA.. After reading the thread, I guess I should jump to 50 per day now...Doesn't feel good to know that I am amongst the minority who haven't finished decks even once :(
relax.......stick to the pace u are comfortable with............all the best do well.......may GOD bless u..... :luck:

AjayDas said:
Thanks for making me feel a lot better friends ;) But frankly speaking, I think I can do better than that. The problem is that I am addicted to Computer games and I am using my computer to study..I DID uninstall all the games a few days back..But ended up playing minesweeper :(
I managed to finish 94 decks today...But just becoz I slogged like crazy for it....So if I add up tmorrow's revision, it means 46 decks/day! sounds too good to be true...just hope the petrol doesn't run out :)

p.s reading this will surely scare a few people and motivate them I hope ;)

Well Wiztooth, I am not using any books. I have this feeling that I am related to KARNA [of Mahabharatha fame ] I gave up all my books to my juniors thinking that I would join some management PG seat. I always wanted Ortho and I KNOW I cannot make it within the top 3 in CET. So it's just Decks for me. I have heard that decks are enough.

p.s to guys...NO! Just becoz I am related to Karna doesn't mean that you get my girl :)
HI KARNA................. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
well i am sure.........u r a real archer.......so do well.......good speed man....all the best.....

Vacant Seat!

One slot available for studymate in the HOT HELL {Chennai} Looking for a partner who wouldn't daydream every 5 minutes....someone who can put in a few hrs everyday.

p.s please apply with your asl :)) lol

Heya Meetlife, By the ten heads of Ravana!!! I am an amazing archer..The only problem is that the targets keep changing ;)

AjayDas said:
Vacant Seat!

One slot available for studymate in the HOT HELL {Chennai} Looking for a partner who wouldn't daydream every 5 minutes....someone who can put in a few hrs everyday.

p.s please apply with your asl :)) lol

Heya Meetlife, By the ten heads of Ravana!!! I am an amazing archer..The only problem is that the targets keep changing ;)

well.......use your charm and make target your slave......may be u ned dronacharaya for that...
all the best...... :thumbup:

dhee said:
How much time are u left with? try to finish the materials asap ,dont try to remember in the first time ,just go through it atleast once. As u start revising it,u will remember the answers. or u can start with revision each day a little bit as u go through the fresh portions. :thumbup:

I was wondering where did this thread disappear..Surprisingly, I didn't get a mail when this got updated. Probably, I didn't come back to this thread after the first mail or something....Anyway, am making a serious effort to be serious in atleast one post of mine

Lemme share what I feel. I beg to differ Dhee and Elementz about trying to just finish it in one go. The main reason why we remember the answers when we go though the decks again coz we just read the right option in the answer section. So by the time you finish with all the decks and come back to the first one, you MIGHT remember the right choice..but not the reasoning behind it....Also, chances are after 1 month, you will feek as if you are starting afresh again

It WILL save you a lot of time if you try to revise your previous days reading the following day like Dhee mentions..I say it becoz I am doing it. A person feels really confident when he knows the answer to a particular question even before looking at the options available.

Trying to finish the decks as soon as possible will give you a mental satisfaction allright..But is that what you are looking for in the long run? Or knowing the answers WITH the reason why they ARE?

So personally I suggest doing the decks thoroughly and making sure that you can virtually 'sing' it before you move on to the next.

AjayDas said:
I beg to differ Dhee and Elementz about trying to just finish it in one go.

hey hey hey....I never said finish it in one go!!! :eek: :) ....I have time and again been repeating that it's the quality that matters not the quantity and by that I mean even if you just have the time to study once (with concentration) study well rather than study with a weak foundation again and again!!!... and that what we have studied is in the mind...but brushing is necessary!:D

What I said is regarding the tendency to check ourselves like when you are studying Micro-path and suddenly your mind wanders and you think about something/some question in DA or Anat or Physio and then hurriedly try and remember everything and if u don't then....owwww! that's when we tend to get panicky!
I agree with you when you say revisions are a must! but still stand on the ground that it's good to go through the decks once completely before we proceed to the papers (+ve boost to our confidence! :thumbup: ) and doing the papers side by side when we revise for the second time...then we are also in a position to analyse a question rather than blindly think about what the answer may be :p ...
All the best y'all :thumbup: ...have confidence and keep cool! :)