rewriting essays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thejonqproject

Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As a reapplicant.. do you have to re-write essays for all those seconds?

I have not heard anything postive yet ( holds only ) and am ready to toss in the towel on this year.
 
As a reapplicant.. do you have to re-write essays for all those seconds?

I have not heard anything postive yet ( holds only ) and am ready to toss in the towel on this year.

dude with your stats....oh my god 😀 . just hold on. i bet you 10 bucks you will get in somewhere...even a UC school
 
Yeah, you've got geat stats, and while you don't neccessarily HAVE to rewrite your essays, it's almost always recommended. If you are lazy like I was as a re-app, send it to a professional editing service to get some new ideas circulating around. I used essayedge.com a few times and was pretty happy with the results.

If you are applying to the same schools a second time around, change up the essay a bit. It doesn't ever have to be completely thrown out, but it should be modified to demonstrate the new experiences you have obtained over the past year.