SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

rewriting PS

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by amikhchi, Jun 2, 2008.

1. amikhchi

amikhchi 7+ Year Member

Aug 9, 2007
    I am reapplying for the 2009 cycle, and i already have my PS from last years, obviously i'm not going to send in a carbon copy of it, but to be honest aside from graduating college, i haven't changed much as a person, i've imporved my gpa a bit, commitd to 2 other volunteer programs (but just barely getting started because of training/orientation/etc) so I'm not sure how i can modify it or add to /remove from it to make it seem "new" to the adcoms.

any thoughts?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. nevercold

nevercold 2+ Year Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Write a completely new personal statement. Then find what you like best from it and try incorporating it into the current one. Or do the opposite. Write a completely new PS and then go back to the old one, identify things you want to pull out of it and squeeze them into the new one.
  4. LikeClockWork

LikeClockWork Guest

Jul 23, 2007
    I got compliments on my PS last cycle, so I'm trying to screw with a good thing too much. I dropped a paragraph about something I did in college and added a paragraph about what I've been doing since graduating at the end. I worked on the transistions between paragraphs a little bit, but left ~70% unchanged. Everything in there is still true about me, and I spend weeks making sure I said it the best way I could. If I mess with it any more it would quickly become worse than before.