RFU admissions, and other questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andyfromseattle

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 3.0 GPA for undergrad major in General Studies, I'm currently taking the science courses from University of Waterloo in Canada and I should probably end up with a 3.5-3.6 in the science courses. If I were to study real hard and get a 30-31 on my MCAT would I be able to get into RFU's AP program?

With this situation of 3.0 GPA undergrad with a lame major, and doing really solidly in the science courses, would it be at all realistic to apply to medical school directly? How high would I need to score on my MCAT to make something like that a possibility?

I decided to do informal post bacc work and then go from there, any and all advice will be appreciated about what I should do after I finish my classes.
 
honestly, i dunno what you're worried about. if you say u have a 3.5 -3.6 gpa and will get a 30-31 mcat, u really don't need to do a postback program.

u can save the 2 years and apply straight to med school.

the postback program is for people who want to strengethen either the gpa, or mcat, or both credentials..
 
Andy you would have an excellent shot..

The the other poster the post bac is only 1 yr..

Regards,
Jennyfromtheblock :laugh: