Rfu Bms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Green Grass

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been discussed, but it is a fairly new program and I would like some up-to-date information. Does anyone here have any information regarding the BMS program at Rosalind Franklin University. How many people get in and how competitive is it- both to get in and then to succeed in the program itself? Is the program worth it? Did you enjoy it? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

If you want get into med school it's a great program but be ready to work your a** off... Seriously, it's really a tuff program but if you can do well in it you'll get in... If you decide to go PM I can give you tips on how to do well...

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone who is doing really well in the program right now, but it is intense. The only complaint is the location.

I applied this year and my application was complete on 4/9, and the email said the next round of acceptances should be soon!

nrai2001 went there. PM him.

Hi how do you know me? Yes i did go there and it was a very tuff program. 1/3 of our class made it in and the rest are reapplying.

The biggest problem with this program is that the program doesnt set you up very well if you are of the 2/3 that are reapplying. There is major grade deflation there. The avg grade in all classes is a C (i.e. half the class will get a C, and an average med class is pretty smart). Reapplying with a 3.0, 3.1, 3.2ish in a masters program isnt going to impress many people even though to get a 3.2 at RFU was actually pretty dam tuff and are decent grades if you ask me.

P.S. everyone starting the program thought they were gonna be a top student (why else do the program); but it doesnt always work out that way...

Hello! I start the BMS program this Fall and I need a female roommate. The apartment is a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with 1 room bigger than the other and I will be occupying the former. There is only 1 parking spot for this apt, so if you are interested, you can have the spot. The rent will be $520+utilities. Security deposit $250. I am looking for a non-smoker female who studies hard but knows how to have fun once in a while as well. Please contact me if you're interested. Thanks!