Right to know

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheWowEffect

The Official WowRator
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't you all think the members have a right to know what really went behind the scenes(including "hard evidence" that Sazi alluded to) during "the great fued" between the two moderators? How one moderator displayed inapproprite behavior to get a controversial point across? Are allosteric and a former moderator the same people? There is so much we should know to restore certain credibility to the whole process of discussion here.

Members don't see this ad.

The great fued between the 2 mods...that is awesome! Who am I , who was that psisci guy?? What really happened, we will never know....:D

The great fued between the 2 mods...that is awesome! Who am I , who was that psisci guy?? What really happened, we will never know....:D

You broke the law, you got booted from SDN, and now you're pretending to be a PGY-2 but still can't give up the narcissism of listing yourself as a "practicing doctor." Seems fairly cut and dry to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't you all think the members have a right to know what really went behind the scenes(including "hard evidence" that Sazi alluded to) during "the great fued" between the two moderators? How one moderator displayed inapproprite behavior to get a controversial point across? Are allosteric and a former moderator the same people? There is so much we should know to restore certain credibility to the whole process of discussion here.

Huh? This is supposed to be an online forum for student doctors. Does an April fools joke really undermine the credibility of the discussion. :confused: I would say the lack of decorum, suspiciousness, and trying to dredge up dirt on the part of participants does a lot more damage than the original post.

One volunteer moderator was removed recently for behavior which violated standards of moderator behavior. These violations included false posting, inappropriate deletion of posts from other members, and argumentative behavior with other members.

Please be wary of possible return trolling behavior and report it using the "report post" icon.

Did I miss something?

Huh? This is supposed to be an online forum for student doctors. Does an April fools joke really undermine the credibility of the discussion. :confused: I would say the lack of decorum, suspiciousness, and trying to dredge up dirt on the part of participants does a lot more damage than the original post.

As stated in other posters, there is no question of any suspiciousness here. Bogus posts on important issues with false information and laden with a certain agenda are no joke. There have been instances in the past when the "former moderator" was rude and inappropriate. Good riddance....!!

Wow. I knew one day he would just crack and do something like this. I read that post some time ago but I didn't even (bother to waste my time) click on the link.

Heh. Yeah. I didn't click it either, and now it is too late. Will the rest of my life be incomplete that I didn't read that steaming pile of drivel? The world may never know.

I don't feel we have to know all the little things that go on behind the scenes unless it somehow affects us and the way we have to conduct ourselves here.

The only problem I had with the board and it doesn't happen now is when I first went on, a bunch of people identifying themselves as patients or someone with mental illness posted and asked the docs here for medical advice.

I was kinda bugged with that because legally and ethically its considered inappropriate to treat someone without seeing them (unless they're already your patient and you've already seen them in person and did an intake history & physical).

I responded that this type of thing is not allowable under legal & ethical guidelines. I haven't seen it happen here for months.

You're right. We are not allowed to dispense medical advice here on the site. General questions are usually tolerated.

So, things like, "When I stopped my Paxil, I got really shaky. Should I restart it?" will result in the thread being closed, with the advice that one should visit their physician for such questions and treatment.

Agreed, or they should visit their prescribing psychologist for such questions and treatment.