Right Track DPT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Affv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!
I am starting my junior year at the University of Pittsburgh in the fall and want to know if you guys think I'm on the right track so far.

GPA ~3.4
Pre-req ~3.5 (need to retake Chem II)
Need to take GRE's
Volunteering: ~50 Hrs at VA outpatient Clinic
- About 300 Hrs working as an Aide in an outpatient clinic
- Plan on volunteering inpatient this fall at the VA

Extra curricular: Prior Navy (enlisted), Tutoring underprivileged kids, Volunteer with Red Cross

Plan on applying to Pitt, Chatham, Temple, Regis, CU, Rutgers, George Washington, and Baylor

Please let me know what you guys think,
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you are off to a great start. Diversifying your observation hours is a great idea since you are at 300 outpatient already. If you haven't figured out who could write you LORs I would start building those relationships and also start looking at all of your schools specific questions so you can have an idea what each school wants to learn about you. You might get some more traction in the GRE/GPA thread at the top of the forum instead of making a new post.

I think you are off to a great start. Diversifying your observation hours is a great idea since you are at 300 outpatient already. If you haven't figured out who could write you LORs I would start building those relationships and also start looking at all of your schools specific questions so you can have an idea what each school wants to learn about you. You might get some more traction in the GRE/GPA thread at the top of the forum instead of making a new post.

Thanks for the response!
Could you elaborate on the part about looking at the schools for specific questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the delayed response, had some fun plans over the weekend! If you look at the school's profile on PTCAS you will see some have school specific questions that you will have to complete in addition to the PTCAS essay. Also I would check out the school's application portal as well because when I applied to some schools there were a few essay questions that weren't listed on PTCAS so I kind of had to scramble to get those done on time.

I see, well thanks for the advice!
Do you think it matters if my inpatient experience is in inpatient rehab instead of acute care? I am having a hard time finding acute care opportunities, specially at the VA.