You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
rituals before a test or final??
Started by Canez81
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Canez81 said:does anyone have any rituals or superstitions before a test or a final?? or on the way to the test? the walk to the test??![]()
Pray. 🙂
I always get there at least 30 min early if not more depending on the exam/final and I always have a bagel. Its my favorite food. 🙂 Are bagels a northern or southern thing or is it neither?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes. Always stop studying about an hour before the exam. Never read your notes around other students--makes 'em think you're ready. And even if you've been up all night (especially if you've been awake all night), take a shower before you get there. Oh yes, and wear the good luck purple knickers! 😀
Canez81 said:does anyone have any rituals or superstitions before a test or a final?? or on the way to the test? the walk to the test??![]()
Before the last final of the semester I used to drink. Started the tradition freshmen year of college for my bio final. Because the class was curved to hell I only needed a 40 on the final to get an A, so I made sure I got the 40 and brought it with me in a paper bag. Last day of finals senior year I had 7 hours between Neurophysiology and Calc (yes I waited until senior year to take it, dont ask me why) so I went to the bar with a bunch of fellow neurophys people and went to final later on.
BGGA said:Pray. 🙂
I do! 👍
I also usually go to exams in my pajamas or in warmup pants so as to get a little more sleep. 😀
I listen to some Aerosmith before I leave for the exam.... Usually the Big Ones or Nine Lives album.... and when taking the exam I ALWAYS use my light blue mechanical pencil from Japan. I have used it for every exam that I have taken at the U of I.... all 3.5 years and it has treated me well :0)
nimer1456 said:I listen to some Aerosmith before I leave for the exam.... Usually the Big Ones or Nine Lives album.... and when taking the exam I ALWAYS use my light blue mechanical pencil from Japan. I have used it for every exam that I have taken at the U of I.... all 3.5 years and it has treated me well :0)
After a final in neuroaddictive drugs, my friend dropped his test in the front of the lecture room, paused, and proceeded to open and swig a gulp from a 40oz he had hidden in his backpack and walk out the door. Not so much of a ritual, but it was his last final before graduating and more like a right of passage.
PIMP!
Pray and no caffine the day of the test (maybe a little [like half a small cup] if the final (midterms too) are late in the day. I read too many of the caffine is bad threads that were popular earlier in the school year, so I tried it on my 2nd o-chem midterm (9:30 am). My score went up 20 points, the average went down 4 points. Hell yea.
that's exactly what i was going to say...b/c at that point, that's all that's going to help me 👍BGGA said:Pray. 🙂
Siggy said:Pray and no caffine the day of the test (maybe a little [like half a small cup] if the final (midterms too) are late in the day. I read too many of the caffine is bad threads that were popular earlier in the school year, so I tried it on my 2nd o-chem midterm (9:30 am). My score went up 20 points, the average went down 4 points. Hell yea.
your score went up with no caffeine? or did i read that wrong? I need my caffeine b/c I never get enough sleep 😛
pound a few.
grab tourniquet.
sit behind "smart looking person"
let the games begin!
grab tourniquet.
sit behind "smart looking person"
let the games begin!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Put on Element brand T-shirt (works particular wonders on chem tests, and keeps me calm and cool while maintaining my sk8or image)
Rub Johnny Harvard's foot,
Take dump, wash face, look in mirror and laugh at self for being entirely ridiculous.
Take Test.
Every Time
Rub Johnny Harvard's foot,
Take dump, wash face, look in mirror and laugh at self for being entirely ridiculous.
Take Test.
Every Time
twicetenturns said:Put on Element brand T-shirt (works particular wonders on chem tests, and keeps me calm and cool while maintaining my sk8or image)
Rub Johnny Harvard's foot,
Take dump, wash face, look in mirror and laugh at self for being entirely ridiculous.
Take Test.
Every Time
i love element! they made my skateboard 🙂 and a bunch of my shirts & hoodies, yay skater girls !
I would always listen to music to get me pumped up - my roommate and I had the ritual of listening to the Geto Boyz "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta." After I lived on my own it was sometimes Rob Zombie.
Also, definitely comfortable clothes. I wore the same pair of grey corduroys to almost every final I took in undergrad. And Winnie the Pooh socks (I had multiple pairs of those).
Also, definitely comfortable clothes. I wore the same pair of grey corduroys to almost every final I took in undergrad. And Winnie the Pooh socks (I had multiple pairs of those).
Not studying tends to be my ritual.
lorelei said:I would always listen to music to get me pumped up - my roommate and I had the ritual of listening to the Geto Boyz "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta." After I lived on my own it was sometimes Rob Zombie.
Also, definitely comfortable clothes. I wore the same pair of grey corduroys to almost every final I took in undergrad. And Winnie the Pooh socks (I had multiple pairs of those).
lorelei promise me u will d/l that eagle eye cherry song "when mermaids cry" it is about that legend and has a beautiful melody 🙂 u will dig it!
Yep. I generally try to get a decent nights sleep the night before so I won't have to worry about staying awake.Psycho Doctor said:your score went up with no caffeine? or did i read that wrong? I need my caffeine b/c I never get enough sleep 😛
I take every exam backwards, starting with the last question and working my way to the first. I've been doing it elementary school. I figure that even though professors might say they don't put the easy ones in the front and the hard ones at the back, they subconsciously do so anyway. I also can't skip any problems or I get all freaked out and afraid I'll forget to come back and do it. Backwards and linear, that's my style! 👍
place beer on book of choice, drink beer, knowledge enters, osmosis baby..
UnskinnyBop said:I take every exam backwards, starting with the last question and working my way to the first. I've been doing it elementary school. I figure that even though professors might say they don't put the easy ones in the front and the hard ones at the back, they subconsciously do so anyway. I also can't skip any problems or I get all freaked out and afraid I'll forget to come back and do it. Backwards and linear, that's my style! 👍
I did that (no specific reason, actually) for a spanish test in High School and the teacher got mad at me for asking questions about the end of the test at the begining of the period. Its kinda of sad, actually. He was a good teacher too.
I took every test from my soph. year in high school to half way through my junior year in college with the same mechanical roseart pencil...then I lost it taking at the MCAT. Needless to say...my score got me in, but I don't know how I'll survive without it. I also drink coke before each exam...I was drinking coke at 6:45 am today.
I don't shave my face...that way, I always have a natural goattee before my exam.Canez81 said:does anyone have any rituals or superstitions before a test or a final?? or on the way to the test? the walk to the test??![]()
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 1K
