RN to BSN to NP

Started by idamaster
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

idamaster

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I have planned out the next decade of my life and was wondering if there are any considerations I should be making. I graduate this year and plan on going to school to get my associates in nursing. Then, becoming an RN. After, I plan on registering for an online RN to BSN program while working. That way I can get my two years of experience that I read somewhere is required for NP schools and not waste any time getting my bachelors. Anyone have an input as to why this is a good or a bad idea?
 
Go straight for the BSN. Experience as a RN with a BSN is looked at better, and with your BSN there's more opportunities for other fields, should you change your mind on going to be a NP.