2cr8tive

10+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i just noticed that i have the roadmap neuro not the high yield. what do u guys think...should i get the high yield as well?

basfan2000

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 17, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well, I can't talk about HY Neuro, but Road Map Neuro is more than enough for Step I. It's actually pretty dense, but the clinical correlates are spot on. FYI I got about 15 neuroanatomy questions, and most of them were clearly covered by the road map.

Good luck.

TonyDaTigrUprct

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2008
Louisiana
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I haven't taken the exam yet, but I've been using this book to brush up on neuro and the clinical correlations are awesome. I'm going to read through all of it once, then look at the brain stem cross sections and read all of the clinical correlation boxes closer to the exam date, which I"m hoping will be enough to get through most of the neuro questions.

DragonWell

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
In my studying, the only area where I've found road map kind of weak is in images. You might want to supplement it with some CT, MRI and angiogram images from another source, since that's what we'll be seeing on the test.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.