Road to PT

Started by deleted872575
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted872575

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'd like to know how realistic my goals are for the upcoming few years as you might call me a non-traditionalist. First a bit of background; I received an undergrad in Teaching (history) and taught for a few years. I had initially began college as a Bio major but my first few years were very rough (I took Bio 1&2, Chem 1&2, Genetics; GPA was trash across those classes). After 2 years of this I changed my game, took history and teaching classes and changed my study habits which resulted in a massive positive change to my GPA.

Anyway, I'm planning to retake all of the Bio/Chem classes I'd initially not done so well at a local Community College then proceed to take the remaining Pre-reqs. How realistic would my prospects be at getting accepted into a PT program with the fact that I'd taken a number of Pre-reqs and not done well about 4 or 5 years ago? If not, what can I do to be competitive against a traditional applicant?
 
Last edited by a moderator: