Robbins for pathology and pathophysiology?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sirenk5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My medical school has pathology and pathophysiology as separate courses, as ironic as that may sound. For pathology most people are reading Pathologic basis of disease by robbins and for pathophysiology most people are reading Essentials of Pathophysiology by Carol Matson-Porth. I personally am using the robbins pocket companion or "baby" robbins as some people call it.

From y'alls experience (yes I'm from texas) do you think that baby robbins is enough to pass pathology and pathophysiology? I'm thinking of killing two birds with one stone (or maybe three birds considering that I'm reading baby robbins and not the big one).

Members don't see this ad.

My medical school has pathology and pathophysiology as separate courses, as ironic as that may sound. For pathology most people are reading Pathologic basis of disease by robbins and for pathophysiology most people are reading Essentials of Pathophysiology by Carol Matson-Porth. I personally am using the robbins pocket companion or "baby" robbins as some people call it.

From y'alls experience (yes I'm from texas) do you think that baby robbins is enough to pass pathology and pathophysiology? I'm thinking of killing two birds with one stone (or maybe three birds considering that I'm reading baby robbins and not the big one).

I think you'll find that pathophys is a pretty different beast.

Baby Robbins is meant more of a reference, and just for path. It might be enough if you use it as a supplement to your class notes but big robbins doesn't even cover the physiologic basis of disease to be sufficient.