CSFBacMen

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 14, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Has anyone actually bought and used this? I'm wondering if it truly is word-for-word identical to the hardcover, US edition. Thanks.

About the Ads

Johnnyc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Status
I bought it and its basically the same word for word. Some of the page numbers might not correspond to the us version but it wasnt a deal breaker for me.

I bought the version thats marketed to the south Asian market and it has a big honking do not sell to the US market on the front cover

coffeeluver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Does anyone know if the font/print is the same as the hardcover? Thanks

SoCuteMD

10+ Year Member
Nov 28, 2005
No more rounding!
Status
Attending Physician
Does it have the same pictures?

chopper

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2004
Status
Johnnyc said:
I bought it and its basically the same word for word. Some of the page numbers might not correspond to the us version but it wasnt a deal breaker for me.

I bought the version thats marketed to the south Asian market and it has a big honking do not sell to the US market on the front cover

I bought a bunch of my books in London last summer. Not Robbins, but a few others. I couldn't believe they were so cheap. Like 30-40% cheaper than US prices. And this was central London.

Here is an example of the differences I found:
US version: eukaryotes
UK version: eucaryotes

That was about the extent of it. Pages, pictures, everything else the same. I think it goes to show what a scam the US book market is.

About the Ads